Group Password joerger
Confidence Points Yes
Spread Yes
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 1
Drop Scores Drop 3 scores
Deadline 5 minutes before each game
Playoffs Yes

Since I got here early, I got to pick my own rules, which means using the spread. Sorry, but picking only the favorites wins the group with straight-up picks every year, so I'd prefer a different challenge. If somebody wants to start a rival group that's cool with me (I'd probably join).

And since we're changing it up a bit, I threw in the Confidence points option. Looks a little funky, but hey, why not, right? (This simply means you rank the games by how confident you are your pick will win. It's a little more work, but if you just rank randomly that is as good of a strategy as any.)

Finally, I set it to drop the 3 lowest scores because I want people to be able to miss a week or two without feeling like there's no point in continuing.

Good luck!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I joined, but I don't understand the confidence thing ... and to be perfectly honest I just don't spend that much time thinking about pickem confidence. :p

Yeah... I'm not sure I like it either. I'm kind of doing it randomly and not putting much thought into it. I give 1 point to the game that I switched my answer three times on and 16 to the one where I felt good. The rest was the first number I saw. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah... I'm not sure I like it either. I'm kind of doing it randomly and not putting much thought into it. I give 1 point to the game that I switched my answer three times on and 16 to the one where I felt good. The rest was the first number I saw. :)
I just randomized the confidence rankings. Blech.

I also just started an alternate pick-em that doesn't have confidence rankings (or spread). ;)

Group 55020
Password gokings

:p