Draft tie-breaker - We're #8!

Entity

Hall of Famer
I would think picking 1-4 would be better than picking 8th or later.
??? is philly projected to be picking later than us? am i missing something? some people are acting like philly just takes our pick anywhere any time. don't let that pick swap confuse you. will probably never happen anyway

??? is philly projected to be picking later than us? am i missing something? some people are acting like philly just takes our pick anywhere any time. don't let that pick swap confuse you. will probably never happen anyway
If we move into the top 3, and ahead of Philly, they will likely swap picks with us. But because Philly can't fall lower than 4th, our worst case scenario is 4th pick if we move into the top 3. This is what Telemachus is getting at.

I think you missed my point. If the Kings somehow got lucky and won the lottery, the worst they could pick (with the swap) is 4th. I would take that over 8th, 9th, or 10th. And the odds are they would likely end up 2nd or 3rd.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
If say the Kings won the lottery followed by the Suns & Lakers at 2&3 then Philly would be slotted 4th and pick swap with the Kings.

If somehow the Kings jump into the top 3 through the lottery they can only pick 2nd, 3rd or 4th though so it's still a jump up regardless.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Apparently its top secret as to when they unleash the ping pong balls to dertermine whether were 8th, 9th, or 10th. Nothing listed on NBA TV or on their website. Although it only pertains to three teams, it would be nice to know.

Apparently its top secret as to when they unleash the ping pong balls to dertermine whether were 8th, 9th, or 10th. Nothing listed on NBA TV or on their website. Although it only pertains to three teams, it would be nice to know.
We're bottom of the barrel. Who gives a f**k about the little fishies when The Big Soldier's send off was last night? It only took him an all-time high FGA to hit 60, too! Impressive!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I didn't know when it was happening since they were terrible at announcing it, but I went to NBA.com to see if there was any word and the drawing was going live when I got there.

You realize philly don't just get our pick right? They have right to swap picks. They would only do that if they have rose pick than us. They are actually worse team than us year after year so I think we are safe from that until 2019
We wouldn't lost the pick, we would lose the position. Just a wee bit of difference.
Right, I was inferring, "the right to pick". Poor wording on my part.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Absolutely, but it would be historically bad luck (and also kind of hilarious, in a sad way) if that actually happened. I'd imagine it's less than 0.1% chance of us losing the pick, though I'll leave the legit numbers to Capt..
Yeah, it's tiny. It's less than .05% but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. Frankly at those odds it's not really important. It's lightning-strike level, leave it at that!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
yes, but as noted earlier the odds of 3 teams from 11 on each getting a top 3 lotto are nearly infinitesimal... but they do exist.
What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you know how many counter-jinx moves I'm going to have to do in an attempt to undo the damage you're doing to the cosmic karma?

We're talking about the Kings, remember?

Geez!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you know how many counter-jinx moves I'm going to have to do in an attempt to undo the damage you're doing to the cosmic karma?

We're talking about the Kings, remember?

Geez!!
Hey just reporting facts here. BUT I have resisted posting what could be a more likely heart breaker on lotto night...