[Game] Kings @ Suns, 11 APR 2016, 22:00 ET/19:00 PT

Don't sign rondo, throw some cash at Seth. Make it worth Serbs while to sign here. Play up the fact he'll only be 100 miles away from his brother. I'm telling you, he's gonna be somebody.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You are fully aware that the Kings could lose this pick right? We're in a 3-way tie with Denver and Milawuakee for 7-10.
You must not be keeping track: I've been on that #FthePick all season.

And, anyway, the only way we can actually lose the pick at this point is if someone ranked 11-14 wins the lotto. And, if that happens, good: teams that play to the end deserve to be rewarded, and tanking teams deserve nathan.

Entity

Hall of Famer
33 wins. All we needed was 8 ( could be 7) games to go our way and we would have been .500 team. Seems like a low number. cuz after Wednesday will have missed 17 games. Could we have gone 7-10 in those games to .500?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Final score: Kings win, 105-101

Top scorer: Curry 20
Top rebounder: Koufos 8
Top assister: Curry 15

I don't know what I find more distressing: that Koufos only managed one rebound in the final three quarters, or that no one else on the team could catch his paltry sum?

So we have won 33 games in a season where everything that could go wrong did. It took 40-41 wins to make the 8th seed this year. So many wasted games this year. Saying we gave away 10 games due to not showing up or bonehead stuff down the stretch would be modest. Easily could be in the 15 game range. This team could have won 45 games easily if it was more professional, smarter and coached better. Such a wasted season.

The pre game said with Orlando winning tonight we can't fall out of the top 10 picks.
We can very easily drop out of the top 10 in the draft.

We are currently tied for #8-10 in the draft.

If we draw #10 in the tie breaker and one of the teams behind us gets into the top 3 of the Lottery, we would slide back to #11 and thus lose our pick!

Final score: Kings win, 105-101

Top scorer: Curry 20
Top rebounder: Koufos 8
Top assister: Curry 15

I don't know what I find more distressing: that Koufos only managed one rebound in the final three quarters, or that no one else on the team could catch his paltry sum?
The King's were pretty spent a third of the way through the fourth. They were still active but unfocused.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You are fully aware that the Kings could lose this pick right? We're in a 3-way tie with Denver and Milawuakee for 7-10.
No, its Top 10 protected. Meaning if we are at #10, we keep it.

Orlando winning tonight assured us we won;t be worse than #10.

Pending the lottery of course. I assume the option kicks in AFTER the lottery sorts positions, rather than just based on finishing position. So if out of nowhere the #13 team gets #1, we could still get screwed.

You must not be keeping track: I've been on that #FthePick all season.

And, anyway, the only way we can actually lose the pick at this point is if someone ranked 11-14 wins the lotto. And, if that happens, good: teams that play to the end deserve to be rewarded, and tanking teams deserve nathan.
Can you at least please tell me you're not for re-signing Rondo?

I don't see how this win benefits the team at all. Why is Karl playing Butler over Dukan? That's a bit strange to me...especially considering the weak lineup the Suns rolled out all game long.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

I don't see how this win benefits the team at all. Why is Karl playing Butler over Dukan? That's a bit strange to me...especially considering the weak lineup the Suns rolled out all game long.
Dukan isn't an NBA player, and this might be the last go around for Butler. So might be respect for the old dude heading into the same sunset Karl is headed into.

No, its Top 10 protected. Meaning if we are at #10, we keep it.

Orlando winning tonight assured us we won;t be worse than #10.

Pending the lottery of course. I assume the option kicks in AFTER the lottery sorts positions, rather than just based on finishing position. So if out of nowhere the #13 team gets #1, we could still get screwed.
My fear is that the Kings will end up with the #10 pick, and a team behind us could possibly jump in the top 3. When has things ever gone the Kings way?
I hope it can start this season... by jumping to #2 while Philly wins the lotto.

Karl has no interest in what this team looks like next season.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Let me put it like this: I don't think that any of those three guards (Rondo, Collison, Curry) can play "together," by which, I mean, "on the court at the same time." Rondo needs to play heavy minutes to be effective, which means that his backup needs to play limited minutes. If Collison is the starter, he's not as ball-dominant, and doesn't need to play as many minutes to be effective. Between the following possibilities:

Rondo/Collison (36/12 split)
Rondo/Curry (36/12 split)
Collison/Curry (30/18 split)

... I prefer option 3.

Rondo's a good player, but not as good of a fit as I would like.

Why mention that? Curry is showing me that a Curry/Collison combo would work for the PG spot. Maybe we can now throw more money at the wing spot or get a mobile 4.

33 wins. All we needed was 8 ( could be 7) games to go our way and we would have been .500 team. Seems like a low number. cuz after Wednesday will have missed 17 games. Could we have gone 7-10 in those games to .500?
Going through our schedule we were swept 4-0 vs Minnesota, swept 4-0 vs New Orleans(missing many players in most of those games), gave away a game in Charlotte, gave away game down the stretch in OKC, bad loss at home to Portland with no Lillard, loss at home to Philly, Double OT choke job in Dallas, Double OT bad loss to Charlotte at home(they were missing most of their starters), loss at home to Chicago, loss on the road to Brooklyn, loss on the road to an ailing Memphis, loss at home to Orlando.

Thats eighteen games right there that are bad losses/choke jobs. If you are even somewhat competent you find a way to take 10 of those games, bam 43 wins right now and in the playoffs. Again easily should have been a 45 win team.

So we have won 33 games in a season where everything that could go wrong did. It took 40-41 wins to make the 8th seed this year. So many wasted games this year. Saying we gave away 10 games due to not showing up or bonehead stuff down the stretch would be modest. Easily could be in the 15 game range. This team could have won 45 games easily if it was more professional, smarter and coached better. Such a wasted season.
We went 0-8 against Minny and NO. Lost 2 games against CHA we should have easily won and lost a heartbreaker @DAL. This team should have won at least 38 games this year.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Rondo's a good player, but not as good of a fit as I would like.

Why mention that? Curry is showing me that a Curry/Collison combo would work for the PG spot. Maybe we can now throw more money at the wing spot or get a mobile 4.
I'd rather reverse those roles: I'm still not convinced that Curry can be consistently effective playing heavy minutes. I like him as an instant offense, come-in-the-second-and-hit-five-threes kind of guy.