What should Vlade do at Trade Deadline???

What should Vlade do at the Trade Deadline???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Trade Deadline is only a few short weeks away, on February 18th!

What do you think Vlade should do with this team and it's roster at the deadline???

IF you vote to trade someone, tell us who and realistically for what!

My current trade thought is for Shumpert in Cleveland.

There are rumors that they may want to shop Mozgov around.

So I'd like to try a 3 team trade, where the third team gets Mozgov, but we send Ben and KK to Cleveland and get Shump back.

My current trade thought is for Shumpert in Cleveland.

There are rumors that they may want to shop Mozgov around.

So I'd like to try a 3 team trade, where the third team gets Mozgov, but we send Ben and KK to Cleveland and get Shump back.
Feels like an overpay for shumpert. He's a nice defender but not really that good elswhere

Feels like an overpay for shumpert. He's a nice defender but not really that good elswhere
You have to guard him at the 3 point line. He's got an inflated contract at 8-9 million, but its for a couple of years. We'd be solid at SG after that, and I'm not a fan of KK fit wise here. You can try and grab a rental at SG like Affalo or something, or an older guy. But Shump is young, and in theory could spend many seasons here. It's not perfect, but I'm not seeing many options out there that are perfect.

You have to guard him at the 3 point line. He's got an inflated contract at 8-9 million, but its for a couple of years. We'd be solid at SG after that, and I'm not a fan of KK fit wise here. You can try and grab a rental at SG like Affalo or something, or an older guy. But Shump is young, and in theory could spend many seasons here. It's not perfect, but I'm not seeing many options out there that are perfect.
He's very injury prone, a worse shooter than Ben, older and more expensive. Not sure the defensive upgrade is worth that plus our backup c

He's very injury prone, a worse shooter than Ben, older and more expensive. Not sure the defensive upgrade is worth that plus our backup c
He does have injury concern that's true. With our gap at SG I'd rather use more funds at the SG if the proper piece can be found, and go the cheap route with a hypothetical "Withey" like budget guy.

That pretty much leaves us with Marco, Collison, KK to shift dollars around to do that.

Whats with people wanting to get rid of Koufos? What exactly is it that you guys expect from a backup center?

We've been trotting out the likes of Ryan Hollins, Aaron Gray, Chuck Hayes and Cole Aldrich the last few years and now we finally have a solid guy coming off the bench and everyone wants to ship him out.

There's a huge lack of talent at the SG position right now. No one is going to trade us anyone worth a damn at SG for any of our non starters.

Whats with people wanting to get rid of Koufos? What exactly is it that you guys expect from a backup center?

We've been trotting out the likes of Ryan Hollins, Aaron Gray, Chuck Hayes and Cole Aldrich the last few years and now we finally have a solid guy coming off the bench and everyone wants to ship him out.

There's a huge lack of talent at the SG position right now. No one is going to trade us anyone worth a damn at SG for any of our non starters.
Economics you have to give something to get something.

Not comfortable with the poll, the "rotation" selection bothers me some as WCS I consider potentially much more and Casspi is such a bargain we porbably couldn't get much matching dollar to dollar.

But the others DC, KK, Marco, Ben I'd look into what you may be able to get.

My feelings exactly...
DC and Kosta alone should be enough to upgrade our shooting guard position. Give DC's minutes to Seth, and Kosta's to Acy. The majority of our losses have come had the hands of the 3 point shot. If we have just one guy that can slow down just one opposing shooter, we win more games. Simple as that. I really hope something is done soon, February 18th might be too late.

My feelings exactly...
DC and Kosta alone should be enough to upgrade our shooting guard position. Give DC's minutes to Seth, and Kosta's to Acy. The majority of our losses have come had the hands of the 3 point shot. If we have just one guy that can slow down just one opposing shooter, we win more games. Simple as that. I really hope something is done soon, February 18th might be too late.
We should have some options.

KK salary is fair, actually pretty good for one of the better center backups in the league. Collison budget wise is a sort of luxury, fill in starter material and one of the best backup pg around too.

Ben may still have value to others as well if we ship something and include him for a SG return.

So Vlade should have some options.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but if we can grab a solid multi year deal that secures our SG spot for 30 mpg, I think we should strongly consider it.

I think DC is a great bargain for somebody - either a starter on the cheap or a high grade backup PG - and along with prospect Ben they ought to be able to fetch a real SG in trade. I like the idea of both those guys for Shumpert - a big defense first guard.

Not hating on DC, but you have to give quality to get quality and I think he is our most desirable trade piece.

Another thing that works - dead even salary wise and more balanced roster wise, would simply be KK + Belinelli for Mosgov + Shumpert. The salaries are exactly equal and we get the wing defender and the big body is basically a straight up swap.

Just like before - not hating on KK (but I can't deny hating on Belinelli a bit). Belinelli has in the past found his stroke when playing for a contender though he's only worthless as a King.

Last edited:
I think DC is a great bargain for somebody - either a starter on the cheap or a high grade backup PG - and along with prospect Ben they ought to be able to fetch a real SG in trade. I like the idea of both those guys for Shumpert - a big defense first guard.

Not hating on DC, but you have to give quality to get quality and I think he is our most desirable trade piece.

Another thing that works - dead even salary wise and more balanced roster wise, would simply be KK + Belinelli for Mosgov + Shumpert. The salaries are exactly equal and we get the wing defender and the big body is basically a straight up swap.

Just like before - not hating on KK (but I can't deny hating on Belinelli a bit). Belinelli has in the past found his stroke when playing for a contender though he's only worthless as a King.
They may bite I believe with Shump because Smith starts and they've got Delly for D. I'm not sure on the market value for Mozgov, they may want more, but Shump seems like the "over pay" for use guy on their team, and he's young.

If Cleveland can't use Mozgov, what the hell are they going to do with Koufos?
This was the rumor I was following.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rumors-latest-news-speculation-on-cavs-center

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the Cavaliers have called around the league in an effort to unload the 29-year-old.

Cleveland acquired him in a trade with the Denver Nuggets last season, and while he seemed to be a good fit, that hasn't carried over to 2015-16.

Mozgov is averaging just six points and 4.3 rebounds per game while shooting 50.3 percent from the field

The 7-footer's uneven play has worn thin on Cavs fans as well as LeBron James, who essentially implored Mozgov to turn things around after a recent poor showing against the Philadelphia 76ers

They can secure a long term fair budget big for future reconstruction. It's more about long term roster considerations with someone reliable.

I trust Vlade but I also don't see him pulling the trigger on a major trade yet.

We have enough to get us to the playoffs and that is our goal this season. There will be no jeopardising of chemistry.

Cleveland is actually looking for more players like Shumpert Athletic, Defensive wings who can knock down a 3 and handle the ball some. These types of players come at a premium these days with all of the small ball going on. They really just want to dump one of there 4 PF/C's, mainly Mozgov, as you can really only play one at time now. Not to mention Tyronn Lue has come out and said he wants to play faster. So in essence I would imagine a deal for Shumpert is a non-starter unless you put Gay on the table.

Vlade gets a lot of praise for his off season but he did have one big blunder, letting Luc go to the clippers on the minimum was a mistake.

Can we trade for a defensive minded assistant coach, somehow?

Honestly, i'd kind of like to see some sort of Kevin Martin for Belinelli swap. If I remember correctly, he's very good at doing what Marco does not, which is moving without the ball and getting open shots off of screens. He's having a down year, but he was still a 20 PPG scorer last season, and i have a feeling playing under Sam Mitchell may be aiding in those poor numbers. Plus, it would just be fun as a Kings fan to welcome him back! Maybe i'm the only one here who would like him back, but to me, it makes sense - trade our underperforming shooter for Minny's underperforming shooter, and hope that both players benefit from a change of scenery. The only issue would be KMart's salary is nearly double Belinelli's, so i'm not sure how it could work

I really hope Vlade is open to deals because clinging onto players that another team might need or slightly overpay for all for the hopes of a possible first round sweep would not be a good move going forward.

Cleveland is actually looking for more players like Shumpert Athletic, Defensive wings who can knock down a 3 and handle the ball some. These types of players come at a premium these days with all of the small ball going on. They really just want to dump one of there 4 PF/C's, mainly Mozgov, as you can really only play one at time now. Not to mention Tyronn Lue has come out and said he wants to play faster. So in essence I would imagine a deal for Shumpert is a non-starter unless you put Gay on the table.

Vlade gets a lot of praise for his off season but he did have one big blunder, letting Luc go to the clippers on the minimum was a mistake.
They've got the highest pay roll by 10 million in the NBA, I'm not sure if they decline a fair budgeted big for long term roster adjustments. They could also cut a pretty big slice with Shump if they can find something cheaper down the road too.

That's a lot of tax coming.

But I'd understand if they want to hold on to Shump.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This was the rumor I was following.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rumors-latest-news-speculation-on-cavs-center

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the Cavaliers have called around the league in an effort to unload the 29-year-old.

Cleveland acquired him in a trade with the Denver Nuggets last season, and while he seemed to be a good fit, that hasn't carried over to 2015-16.

Mozgov is averaging just six points and 4.3 rebounds per game while shooting 50.3 percent from the field

The 7-footer's uneven play has worn thin on Cavs fans as well as LeBron James, who essentially implored Mozgov to turn things around after a recent poor showing against the Philadelphia 76ers

They can secure a long term fair budget big for future reconstruction. It's more about long term roster considerations with someone reliable.
I am indeed aware of what rumor you were following. But the question is, if Cleveland has decided that they can't use Mozgov, what would lead anybody to believe that they would have any interest in a trade that nets them another guy who plays like Mozgov?

I am indeed aware of what rumor you were following. But the question is, if Cleveland has decided that they can't use Mozgov, what would lead anybody to believe that they would have any interest in a trade that nets them another guy who plays like Mozgov?
I think its the combination of being unreliable or failing to meet standards, and then free agency. He's gone for nothing if they keep him. The lure of security is the selling point I think that may have a chance.

Cleveland still has Varejao and Thompson, though; I really don't think that they're interested in acquiring another big, under any circumstances.
True they have others, but Mozgov is likely to be traded, or just walk. I can't think of any other bigs that can produce on a contract more fair than KK. Keep in mind they are paying Shump quite a bit for what he does.