[Game] Spurs @ Kings - 11/9/15 - 7 PT, 10 ET

I've never seen a team lose like this and be happy. I'll say that.
We run off 3 or 4 wins in a row and this teams attitude will change drastically.
Curious, why are you happy about a loss where our starters gave up 8 minutes left in the 4th when it was completely winnable?

Just finished one of if not the toughest stretch of the season and now we're looking at

Det
BK
Tor
@ATL
@Mia
@Orl
@Char
@Mil
Minn
@GS
Dal

rest of the month. I say we go 7-4, finishing Nov at 8-11 and are .500 by Christmas.
im not seeing 7 wins there with the way this team is competing and playing defense. DET and ORL are much improved. MIL can't be slept on. MINN is playing better too. i see maybe 4 or 5 wins there

im not seeing 7 wins there with the way this team is competing and playing defense. DET and ORL are much improved. MIL can't be slept on. MINN is playing better too. i see maybe 4 or 5 wins there
Wins: Bucks, Nets, Hornets.
Losses: Pistons (just playing well), Raptors (still a good team), Hawks (they play like the Spurs), Miami (not that bad of a team - D-Wade still has some juice), Magic (are playing well), T-wolves (are playing decently - just beat the Hawks), GS (enough said), and Dallas (still a vet team with a good system).

3-8 for me.

I know Cousins is our guy, but I'm getting real tired of his poopoo.
His verbal outburst at the ref was caught on mike receding the T. That was real pleasant, but there are larger issues:

There is not enough diversity to the O because Ben has regressed and Rondo is going to dump Cousins the ball every chance he gets in post or perimeter. Cousins doesn't deserve this many touches. He needs a PG who is going to attract defensive attention (like Collison) and draw it away from him. Rondo doesn't do that. Then there is WCS who does not even look at the rim unless it is a dunk. This was my concern before the season. We needed complementary weapons to Cousins and Gay or their efficiency was going to slide.

WCS, Ben and Rondo put a burden on Gay and Cousins to carry the O because they are such subpar scorers. The defensive collapses and the spacing shrinks. The good news is Rondo still has game left. The bad news is he scores under a point per FTA. And his defense sort of comes and goes with his interest level. He was amazing against Curry and on other nights gives less than that effort. This team has less room for error given these variables which means unless they are at close to full health for most of the season they are not cracking 30 wins.

When a team has bad offensive sets they get killed in transition. That's what happened in the 4th. The floor gets out of balance with one player trying to take on the whole team (Cousins), his teammates stand and watch and lose interest in getting back. It got ugly and the team quit after being fairly spirited for three quarters though they didn't play more than a C+/B- level.

Sorry to ask this, but I sadly missed the 4th quarter. Could someone tell me where/how things went wrong?
We quit half way through the 4th. DMC gave up a turnover when he thought he would get a basket, and he did what he do. And the team quit right then.

But I'm not as down on the team as some of the board is. First of all the schedule was brutal and second of all the team is awfully new to expect much on-court chemistry.

But Boogie gotta stop this stuff - if he quits, the team quits. Just stop doing that DeMarcus please.

Wins: Bucks, Nets, Hornets.
Losses: Pistons (just playing well), Raptors (still a good team), Hawks (they play like the Spurs), Miami (not that bad of a team - D-Wade still has some juice), Magic (are playing well), T-wolves (are playing decently - just beat the Hawks), GS (enough said), and Dallas (still a vet team with a good system).

3-8 for me.
If we go 3-8 then we are just a bad team, that would put us at 4-15. If we want any chance of making the playoffs we have to win these next three home games and finish above .500 on this road trip, beat the Mavs. Only losses that are acceptable are Golden State and Atlanta.

Curious, why are you happy about a loss where our starters gave up 8 minutes left in the 4th when it was completely winnable?

When did I say I was happy about our team ****ing the bed for the 7th time in 8 games? A lot of these damn games have been winnable.

I think you might have misread my comment or maybe it was confusing. Either way, I was just trying to justify DMC's bad attitude when we lose. I think when we turn this thing around he might just stfu and play. Who knows. We've never seen him on a winning team.

This team is pathetic.

This is the worst defensive team that we have had in years. Karl's system won't mesh with the players that we have. It is abundantly clear this team is not going to the playoffs. We are so far from being a contender.

I'm tired of seeing this crap. Wide open shots all game. Guys getting free off basic plays. Simple picks free up guys like nothing. This team just don't have it in them. They're not hungry. Defense wins games in this league, not some crappy free flowing offense. I would kill to have Malone coaching this team right now.

Just finished one of if not the toughest stretch of the season and now we're looking at

Det
BK
Tor
@ATL
@Mia
@Orl
@Char
@Mil
Minn
@GS
Dal

rest of the month. I say we go 7-4, finishing Nov at 8-11 and are .500 by Christmas.
Yup that's what I got and the 7-8 seeds are struggling too we will be in the thick of things by the nf of the month.

Portland: 4-4 vs spurs, @memphis, @hornents, @Spurs, @hou, vs LaC, LaL, vs Bulls, vs LaL, @LaC.
(8-10)

Dallas: 3-3 @NO, LaC, LaL, @hou, @Philly, @Boston, Utah, @okc, @memphis, @SAS, Denver, @Sac (7-11)

Memphis: 3-5 vs GSW, Portland, @MN, okc, Houston, @SAS, Dallas, @Hou, ATl, Philly. (8-10)

Utah: 4-2 @Cleveland, @Mia, @Orl, @Atl, Toronto, @Dallas, @OKC, LaC, @NO, GS (8-8)

Phoenix: 4-3 vs LaC, Denver, LaL, Chicago, @denver, @NO, @Spurs, NO, GSW, @Toronto, (9-8)

If we predict teams to win games they should win and loose games they should loose (wins in bold) than on December 1 the west standings would be

(GSW, Clippers, OKC, Spurs, Hou)

6. Suns (9-8)
7. Jazz (8-8)
8. Grizzlies (8-10)
9. Blazers (8-10)
10. Mavs (7-11)
11. Kings (7-11)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: If some of you want to snipe at each other over how long you've been here and whether or not you should be able to post comments, here's the deal. If it's not about the topic at hand, take it to a private conversation.

I understand all that. But all the bonding the team did in the off season wasn't enough I suppose?
that was all really positive and you could argue that the positiveness they have developed there has played a part in why this is avenue has eventuated in terms of calling a team meeting as opposed to a witch hunt.

Demarcus did go out of his way to say that he had faith in everyone in the room re the players and some of that must be acredited to the offseason bonding that took place.

the issue at hand is how the team is playing not the individuals in it and therefore a team meeting makes sense. Need to talk about concerns/issues as a collective to pave the way forward.

Aren't they always a "positive" meeting.

We have it every year and have achieved exactly nothing on the back of them.
not always, only on face value in most instances. The prelude to this was that there were minimal if no issues with the player group which in itself is a positive.

if you go off that premise we should sit on our hands and just keep dawdling along and not address any of our issues by verbalizing them and acknowledging them as a collective group ? because if we dont go down the avenue we have this becomes worse, the coaches and players drift apart and Vlade has to step in at some point to pick up the pieces

Last edited:
its quite alarming that it's taken just 8 games for a player meeting to be required quite honestly.

It's obviously better to air it out but still...