[Game] Spurs @ Kings - 11/9/15 - 7 PT, 10 ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't want to trade him either... we've seen what a force he could be. And he was actually calming down and becoming a leader under Malone. Then PDA had to wormtongue that silly Vivek into setting the franchise back another couple years.
Maybe by the time Cousins is in his 8th or 9th year he will sniff the playoffs for the first time...unless he is traded by then.

I'm not even going to watch anymore games. Heartless, gutless, whatever you want to call it... I refuse to watch any team play with such a lack of character and effort. I can take losing (young, inexperienced, coaching change, even owners changing), but this type of crap crosses the line. I expect more. At least go down swinging. That I can accept and be proud of.

Nothing to be proud of in this game.

I agree with you. While I'm not a fair weather fan, time is precious, and like others, I don't want to waste my time watching a team that shows no fire or heart.........Show fire and heart and if you still lose, I'm okay with that, because at least then it's fun to watch until the end.

Karl is awful.

Brick is probably making all manner of snarky "I told you so" memes on the subject right now....

...Or, better yet, lining up some girls for the grades thread! :p

Just sayin' but this might be one of those GM and coach not on the same page kind of deals. I've never understood how these players fit the system he's trying to put in. In the first quarter they played a little slower and banged inside and it worked very well with Cousins and Willie in the front court.

we are only 3 games behind the 8th spot.

This stretch was bad record wise, but not surprising (tough opponents, new team). We lost against teams we were supposed to lose, beat the only team we were supposed to beat.

The next few games at home and east coast trip are going to be a real test where Kings are.
If we do not get at least 4 wins in the next 8 games then it is worry time.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Just sayin' but this might be one of those GM and coach not on the same page kind of deals. I've never understood how these players fit the system he's trying to put in. In the first quarter they played a little slower and banged inside and it worked very well with Cousins and Willie in the front court.
Unfortunately Vlade came after Karl so he had no say on his coach...otherwise I don't think we see Karl here.

Karl is awful.

Brick is probably making all manner of snarky "I told you so" memes on the subject right now....

...Or, better yet, lining up some girls for the grades thread! :p

The problem is, if we keep firing coaches on every bad stretch of games we lose, what coach is ever going to come to Sacramento and coach, knowing that Sacramento is so gung ho on firing coaches??
I know we've had some stinkers though. Still wish Mike Malone was still here.....

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Ah yes, let us feel bad about this!

Remember when we starter 5-0 last year against a "tough schedule"? Mmm... O.K., back to reality.
Remember last year when the starting five played awesome and everyone played team defense? ahhh good times indeed. Fun to ponder on 30 games.

played well but fell away to the end which was a bit disappointing. Its clear we are at our best when demarcus is posted up or attacking the basket and im glad he dominated the spurs in such fashion.

positive signs. get collison back and plant boogie in the paint and we should put a nice win streak together when our schedule lightens up.

gunks

Hall of Famer
How dare you espouse a positive outlook?
Aside:

Thank you VF21, rainmaker, and all you other eternal optimists out there in Kingsfans land for bringing something else to the table besides snarky gnashing of teeth! Hopefully, myself and the other negative nancies will be bashfully apologizing to you guys in a few months when we're above .500!

That being said, I'll be going back to post some more vitriolic pessimism now! I'm in a mood tonight. :p

I'm not entirely sure what game you all watched, but we went toe to toe with this team for 40 minutes. If a fan who knew absolutely nothing about basketball watched this game, they wouldn't know who the difference between the best franchise in the league and one of the worst the last decade. Fought back when they went on runs, pretty strong defensively and kept it a game. Just an epic collapse (likely with Rondo being completely out of gas and not having anything left) and the Spurs machine took advantage.

This team has to learn how to win. I know we all want instant gratification with wins, because we've sucked for so long, but every team has to go through growing pains together. Nobody just skips to being the playoff powerhouse. And with all the doom and gloom, we're just 8 games into the season, 3 at full strength, and 4 with our best player.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Aside:

Thank you VF21, rainmaker, and all you other eternal optimists out there in Kingsfans land for bringing something else to the table besides snarky gnashing of teeth! Hopefully, myself and the other negative nancies will be bashfully apologizing to you guys in a few months when we're above .500!

That being said, I'll be going back to post some more vitriolic pessimism now! I'm in a mood tonight. :p
Wait, back up: since when is @rainmaker an "eternal optimist"? Did I step into a wormhole? :eek:

One thing is for sure, this teams conditioning ****ing sucks.

I swear cousins only missed a couple games. The guy moved like he just rolled out of a coma.
Indeed, but he's a large man and he literally has not done anything in 9-10 days. That's enough to throw you out of rhythm, especially when you only played 2-3 games (was never really conditioned in the first place).

5-1, we got dusted by the Dubs on opening night and The Nuggets twice and the Suns isnt tough.
Regardless, we were all ready to set the world on fire out of happiness. We have had a tough stretch, but man just nothing left at the end there. Lack of energy/desire, whatever it was... it was horrible to watch.

Aldridge wouldn't have had a wide open dunk if Demarcus would have even tried jogging back on defense rather than standing there complaining to the refs. I know he gets roughed up all game, and I'm sure it gets frustrating, but I am so damn tired of him taking plays off to complain.

I love you Boogie, but there is a more important battle going on right now than you and the refs.
Can't agree more, while he argues for a call the transition defense is always 5 on 4. We are one of the worst in the league on transition defense and Boogie's constant battles with the refs and slowness in coming back on defense have been one of the reasons.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Aside:

Lol. I've never been included in the same sentence as "eternal optimist". Makes me feel all funny on the inside.

Wait, back up: since when is @rainmaker an "eternal optimist"? Did I step into a wormhole? :eek:
I happen to think it's a distinct possibility Cuz takes the EC and snaps it in two.

Now that I have quit raging out, I feel somewhat more optimism. We stuck with them for most of the game, but got destroyed at the end. Good news:
-Cousins is back, but his conditioning is not.
-Rondo still has game
-We played good defense for quite a few stretches and made runs of our own against the Spurs

The bad:
-What has happened to Rudy Gay? Just terrible basketball all season so far.
-Collapsed at the end pretty badly
-Cousins and the refs - the battle rages on
-Transition defense -- try it perhaps? (looking at you Cuz, can't be on the opposite end of the court every other possession)