[Game] Spurs @ Kings - 11/9/15 - 7 PT, 10 ET

S

SacramentoKings

We played ok but Rondo is too tired, Rudy sucked tonight and we didn't get consistent stops. Still looking decent to start the year. Need to get systems better defined and hopefully people settle into roles
Decent to start the year? We're 1-7.

It's laughable how some of you can watch this and say we look "decent".

The sad truth of being a Kings fan.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but, this team will never go anywhere with Cousins.
I'm not agreeing with you, but I will say that his attitude this season (the games he's been healthy and playing), has been unacceptable. Last season there was a very visible sign of improvement. He has only regressed.

Well, my B team is playing tonight and looking to improve their awesome record!

(Talking about the Detroit Pistons of course)
Quickly becoming one of my favorite teams to watch as well. Drummond is a beast! He's a likable version of Dwight Howard, but may end up being even better!

Decent to start the year? We're 1-7.

It's laughable how some of you can watch this and say we look "decent".

The sad truth of being a Kings fan.
We looked awful against Phx and Mem. The losses against the Clipps, Rockets, Warriors and tonight were mostly good. There are a ton of red flags but I think there were some decent things as well

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Seriously...
The camera cut away too quick to see who Cousins was screaming at. Anyone see else see that bs?
This is DeMarcus in a nut shell though...this is not surprising people. When the team loses and loses and loses the way it does...the antics start coming back out and we see grumpy Cousins and from there he has no composure and plays worse.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We looked awful against Phx and Mem. The losses against the Clipps, Rockets, Warriors and tonight were mostly good. There are a ton of red flags but I think there were some decent things as well
Moral victories are the staple of Kings fans. That's all we can really lean on in times like these.

gunks

Hall of Famer
As long as we have a better record than the Lakers so I can win that 50 dollar bet I made.

Our star is moody and can't carry the team. Leadership is lacking Cuz. You're my guy, but the pouting sucks.

I want to say our second option is a pathetic slug, but the way Rudy played tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he's grappling with serious depression. Get well soon Rudy, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Our coach is not so adaptable. This PACEY system sucks for the personnel.

Anyways, whatever. Hope is dead. Long live hope.

I'm not even going to watch anymore games. Heartless, gutless, whatever you want to call it... I refuse to watch any team play with such a lack of character and effort. I can take losing (young, inexperienced, coaching change, even owners changing), but this type of crap crosses the line. I expect more. At least go down swinging. That I can accept and be proud of.

Nothing to be proud of in this game.

Im not impressed with Karl so far. He seems to have no grasp on what works and what doesn't he repeatedly goes back to players and lineups that haven't worked. Rudy has been a disaster, Omri should have played the whole 4th. Kosta on the floor with Boogie has been a disaster, yet he had those 2 our there playing against 2 Spurs power forwards in the 4th.

And how does he not find a couple minutes of rest for Rondo in the middle of the game? and then leaves him in there all 48 mins in a blowout? WTF ARE YOU DOING GEORGE.

Seems like the guy is just over there collecting a paycheck

gunks

Hall of Famer
Quickly becoming one of my favorite teams to watch as well. Drummond is a beast! He's a likable version of Dwight Howard, but may end up being even better!
I've had a soft spot for em ever since they whomped The Lakers in the finals back in..... 05?

Getting rid of Monroe turned out great for them. He was a softie.

Rudy? -31 in 32 minutes

Casspi? +4 in 24 minutes

+/- usually doesn't mean a lot on a game to game basis, but jesus, doesn't that tell the whole story? It's one thing for Rudy to be slumping, but he's not working in other areas to make up for. Incredibly lazy defensively, no effort into ball-movement and a black hole on offense. Tired of the effort from the guy who's supposed to be our 2nd best player

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
As long as we have a better record than the Lakers so I can win that 50 dollar bet I made.

Our star is moody and can't carry the team. Leadership is lacking Cuz. You're my guy, but the pouting sucks.

I want to say our second option is a pathetic slug, but the way Rudy played tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he's grappling with serious depression. Get well soon Rudy, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Our coach is not so adaptable. This PACEY system sucks for the personnel.

Anyways, whatever. Hope is dead. Long live hope.
I love Cousins, I don't condone trading him because you don't get equal value back for a player like that....however, this is all too true and lots of Kings fans will deny this because they don't want to believe it.

Hope is all we will ever have unfortunately. At least with this unit of players.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Im not impressed with Karl so far. He seems to have no grasp on what works and what doesn't he repeatedly goes back to players and lineups that haven't worked. Rudy has been a disaster, Omri should have played the whole 4th. Kosta on the floor with Boogie has been a disaster, yet he had those 2 our there playing against 2 Spurs power forwards in the 4th.

And how does he not find a couple minutes of rest for Rondo in the middle of the game? and then leaves him in there all 48 mins in a blowout? WTF ARE YOU DOING GEORGE.

Seems like the guy is just over there collecting a paycheck
Karl is awful.

Brick is probably making all manner of snarky "I told you so" memes on the subject right now....

...Or, better yet, lining up some girls for the grades thread! :p

I really wouldn't count the Warriors as a team we looked good against. The Warriors played horribly that game....Plenty of missed shots that they NORMALLY make....... But that's how good the Warriors are, they can play horribly and still find a way to beat you......

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not even going to watch anymore games. Heartless, gutless, whatever you want to call it... I refuse to watch any team play with such a lack of character and effort. I can take losing (young, inexperienced, coaching change, even owners changing), but this type of crap crosses the line. I expect more. At least go down swinging. That I can accept and be proud of.

Nothing to be proud of in this game.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Just finished one of if not the toughest stretch of the season and now we're looking at

Det
BK
Tor
@ATL
@Mia
@Orl
@Char
@Mil
Minn
@GS
Dal

rest of the month. I say we go 7-4, finishing Nov at 8-11 and are .500 by Christmas.
I'm not really sure where you are getting 7 wins from that list...lots of those East teams are playoff teams and improved too. Way to keep the optimism though!

gunks

Hall of Famer
I love Cousins, I don't condone trading him because you don't get equal value back for a player like that....however, this is all too true and lots of Kings fans will deny this because they don't want to believe it.

Hope is all we will ever have unfortunately. At least with this unit of players.
I don't want to trade him either... we've seen what a force he could be. And he was actually calming down and becoming a leader under Malone. Then PDA had to wormtongue that silly Vivek into setting the franchise back another couple years.

Rudy sucked these recent games and Karl should bench him like benched Ben.
David Lee despite his huge pay check was benched in GS.

And please George, stop leaving Rondo outside of the 3pt line, teams are not gonna guard him there.
Let Rondo rotate in the paint if he is NOT handling the ball.

The good side though is that in the 2nd half, DMC has been ballin down low and Marco has been going on multiple screens.
These are what these players should be doing.
Now, please fix the remaining 3 in your rotation.

I'm not
Just finished one of if not the toughest stretch of the season and now we're looking at

Det
BK
Tor
@ATL
@Mia
@Orl
@Char
@Mil
Minn
@GS
Dal

rest of the month. I say we go 7-4, finishing Nov at 8-11 and are .500 by Christmas.
Really, those are the 2 games where we're completely outmatched. Rest are entirely winnable. And if we play the way we played tonight for the first 40 minutes, then yea, 7-4 is entirely attainable