Which team is "more talented"?

Which team is "more talented"?

• Denver Nuggeta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
See, the thing is our two best players are way better than their two best players. But the drop from their second-best player to their third-best player isn't nearly as precipitous as it is with us.

Sorry, don't know anything about Denver. Don't follow our opponents. I do suggest the best basis is wins and losses. And another thing, we don't yet know how talented this new team in Sacramento is. Lots of improved material to make a talented team. This bunch needs time to jell.

The crazy thing is that if given the choice, both coaches (Karl & Malone) would rather be coaching their former team.

I'll say it again, Karl really need to be coming up with a lot more post up plays to run for Cousins whenever he is ready to come back. Even though Cousins is skilled enough to play in the perimeter, he shouldn't be. He shouldn't be running almost non stop and shouldn't be out in the 3 pt area so frequently.

As a coach, you come up with an offense that adapts to your best player's style, not the other way around. You do that to 2nd tier players like Faried which helps him find a niche to contribute. But not to a dominating, once in a decade post up big.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well considering the Kings have a corner stone player and the Nuggets don't...until Mudiay proves otherwise, I still go with Denver because after Boogie, Gay and DC...I still give the edge to Denver from a talent perspective.

Talent is overrated. The kings have a load of talented players, yet look at us. Regardless of whether DMC has played or not, this team is talented, but we are 1-4 right now. Yes, you can never win a championship without talent, but give me a team with guys who show effort and a will to win who may not necesarrily be as talented on paper. Im not talking about Denver, my point is that you can have all the talent in the world yet lose game after game unless you want to win just as badly as the next man up on your team. This team as it stands still has players even after the overhaul, whose effort fluctuates, which is recipe for a domino effect of a disaster. Hopefully someone catches my drift.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Talent is overrated. The kings have a load of talented players, yet look at us. Regardless of whether DMC has played or not, this team is talented, but we are 1-4 right now. Yes, you can never win a championship without talent, but give me a team with guys who show effort and a will to win who may not necesarrily be as talented on paper. Im not talking about Denver, my point is that you can have all the talent in the world yet lose game after game unless you want to win just as badly as the next man up on your team. This team as it stands still has players even after the overhaul, whose effort fluctuates, which is recipe for a domino effect of a disaster. Hopefully someone catches my drift.
The poll is specific about "talent" because of a discussion in another thread.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This.

Even sans Cousins, we're still more talented. But our system is trash.

Maybe our guys will still get acclimated and the system will look better..... Karl didn't get all those wins by being incompetent... But it seems that the old dog isn't willing to learn new tricks with our roster.
This is all too true. Either he is unwilling to change his tricks and adapt or he is just that stubborn.