[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

• Thread starter Yahoo! Sports - NBA -
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
amazing that idiot keith smart wanted thomas the v12 motor robinson over drummond. petrie went along with it. he broke his own rule of drafting a player without bringing him in for a work out and paid for it.
Wait, we just get to blame stuff on Keith Smart now? I mean, easy target and all, but I think that it's a pretty established storyline that Petrie selected Robinson as a junior and allegedly the most NBA-ready of the big men in the draft because the Maloofs wouldn't commit to ponying up the money to keep JT over that summer (but then they did anyway).

The Greek freak looks like he is gonna break out this season. 22.7/8.7/2.3/ 58% FG/42% 3p / 83.8% FT this season so far. Plus averaging a block and steal. Stats might drop off as the season goes on but very impressive so far for a 20 year old.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The Greek freak looks like he is gonna break out this season. 22.7/8.7/2.3/ 58% FG/42% 3p / 83.8% FT this season so far. Plus averaging a block and steal. Stats might drop off as the season goes on but very impressive so far for a 20 year old.
On all my fantasy teams...that I actually got to draft. :oops:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And now, I would like to extend Jimmy Butler an honorary invitation to join KF.com, because he gets it, and could have been describing any team we've had for a decade.

After letting the Hornets drop 130 on them:

“We ain’t been playing no defense,” a frustrated Butler said after the game. “Other teams have just been missing shots to tell you the truth, to be honest. [Shoot] we score enough points, that’s not the problem. But when you don’t stop nobody, they put up 130 or whatever they did, we got to nip that in the bud now because that’s not winning basketball. It will never be winning basketball here and it never has been winning basketball here. We’ve always prided ourself on playing hard and not being pretty. Tonight, we were pretty, we were soft. Got our asses whipped.”

“I think the root comes from everybody that can score on the roster,” Butler said. “When you got guys that can put the ball in the basket they want to play basketball and try to outscore teams, instead of trying to get more stops than that other team. We ain’t never going to have a problem scoring because everybody knows all the freedom that we get on offense.”

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
love that Butler quote. He gets it. Not everyone can be the Golden State Warriors because NOBODY is the Warriors. Why mimic something you aren't meant to do?

love that Butler quote. He gets it. Not everyone can be the Golden State Warriors because NOBODY is the Warriors. Why mimic something you aren't meant to do?
Well, let's not pretend that the Warriors aren't a pretty damn good defensive team these days too.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
And now, I would like to extend Jimmy Butler an honorary invitation to join KF.com, because he gets it, and could have been describing any team we've had for a decade.

After letting the Hornets drop 130 on them:
Funnily enough, Hoiberg's system is quite similar to Karl's.

According to Steph, they are better than last year. Does that mean they can match the Chicago Bulls 72 win mark?
I don't think so. Jumpshooting teams are still volatile. I think there are going to be enough nights this season where they shoot 30% from three as a team that they lose at least 11 games.

K

KingMilz

If the Blazers by some miracle are a 500. team at seasons (4-2 atm) end I don't care what any other player in the NBA did Lillard should automatically be the MVP dude is carrying bigtime.

K

KingMilz

Bradley Beal is quietly having a great season. He is averaging 25, 5, and 2.
Dude is a monster in the clutch as well.

Another interesting dude is Dwight Powell a mere throw in with the Rondo to Dallas move and he's putting up a near double double and playing with amazing energy he's like a smarter T-Rob and he's got a decent jumper (his finishing when not dunking is horrid but).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just flipped over to MIA/IND. Why are the Pacers' jerseys red? When was red ever a part of their uniform?
From Wikipedia:

On July 21, 2015, the Indiana Pacers, in collaboration with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) Studios, unveiled a new uniform based on the 1986 film Hoosiers. The Pacers plan to wear the uniform for select games, which will be announced at a later date. It is the first time a major North American pro sports team will wear a uniform based on a film.[23][24]

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The movie? Are you ****ing kidding me? What's next, the Hornets are going to wear Toon Squad jerseys? If Ray Allen ever comes back, is the team that signs him going to rep Big State?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The movie? Are you ****ing kidding me? What's next, the Hornets are going to wear Toon Squad jerseys? If Ray Allen ever comes back, is the team that signs him going to rep Big State?
Actually, as lwc pointed out, the jerseys are in honor of the Hickory High School Hoosiers, whose story was told in the movie Hoosiers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah, but Hickory is a made up team. The team that inspired the movie wasn't actually named Hickory.
It is loosely based on the Milan High School team that won the 1954 state championship. - Wiki

Some elements of the film do match closely with those of Milan's real story. Like the movie's fictional "Hickory High School", Milan was a very small high school in a rural, southern Indiana town. Both schools had undersized teams. Both Hickory and Milan won the state finals by two points: Hickory won 42–40, and Milan won 32–30. The final seconds of the Hoosiers state final hold fairly closely to the details of Milan's 1954 final; the final shot in the movie was taken from virtually the same spot on the floor as Bobby Plump's actual game-winner. The movie's final game was shot in the same building that hosted the 1954 Indiana final, Butler University's Hinkle Fieldhouse (called Butler Fieldhouse in 1954) in Indianapolis.[3]

K

KingMilz

PG13 looking awesome with his all around game this year I also forgot how much I use to like Lavoy Allen back when he was playing in his Philly days seeing him playing on the Pacers reminded me of his craftiness and toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.