[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

• Thread starter Yahoo! Sports - NBA -
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingMilz

Ricky really improved his mid range game...his three still needs work but he may not even need that. He is fun to watch, no doubt.
I also loved what I saw from Bjelica (not on defense) made a massive clutch 3 in his first NBA game and played well in crunch time.

Also former friend Derrick Williams kept up his stellar play from preseason with a 24points 7 rebound performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Dallas has to have the worst starting unit in the league....Felton, Jenkins, Pachulia, Evans and Dirk...how did they even beat Phoenix?

Watching the Clips tonight we clearly got their A game or close to it last night. They are sleepwalking through this Dallas game and are still up. I'd say its encouraging that we were right there despite playing poorly and Clips about as well as they could. I knew we would be in for a tough one when Stephenson swished the first three and Blake swished various midrange jumpers in a row.

I see what Wesley Matthews not fully recovered from his Achilles injury and sitting out this game already... Glad he didn't sign with us now.

K

KingMilz

Dallas has to have the worst starting unit in the league....Felton, Jenkins, Pachulia, Evans and Dirk...how did they even beat Phoenix?
Deron and Wes were terrific, Deron was controlling the game till Bledsoe stepped on his ankle.

I see what Wesley Matthews not fully recovered from his Achilles injury and sitting out this game already... Glad he didn't sign with us now.
He looked really solid in the opener moving fine but they said they would not play him in back to backs I don't think he's hurt they just taking it easy on him to start off with.

One of the few places on the internet, let alone within the ESPN empire, where talented writers got the freedom to write about what they found compelling. And it showed. Unfortunate that it didn't lead to page views.

Not a huge fan of Bill Simmons the writer, but as a boss he did a hell of a job. Maybe he'll try to get the band back together. Probably a pipe dream since he sounds burned out by the experience.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
wow...this Orlando OKC game is great, big shot after big shot after big shot after big shot...double OT now. It's Oladipo vs Westbrook

K

KingMilz

Marcus Morris looks like this years DeMar Caroll so far, great glue guy but he can unlike Carroll create for himself can't believe the Suns gave him away for nothing basically.

I always felt Marcus was the less talented of the two but he plays way harder than Markieff (and cause of that could very well have a better career) and he's showing that he's a legit full sized starting SF which I'm glad to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the few places on the internet, let alone within the ESPN empire, where talented writers got the freedom to write about what they found compelling. And it showed. Unfortunate that it didn't lead to page views.

Not a huge fan of Bill Simmons the writer, but as a boss he did a hell of a job. Maybe he'll try to get the band back together. Probably a pipe dream since he sounds burned out by the experience.
indeed. there are fewer and fewer places to find good long-form writing on the internet these days, particularly in the sports world. everything has to come in the form of a sensationalized headline, or a brief status update, or a 140-character quip, or an inane listicle. it's a shame that the average person's attention span doesn't support the business models of companies that are trying to justify the existence of websites like Grantland. i mean, ESPN can most certainly go to hell, but honestly, when the internet has been reduced to nothing more than a witless exchange of emojis, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Tim Duncan won his 954th game as a Spur tonight, breaking John Stockton's record for most wins with one franchise.

There are five NBA franchises with fewer wins in their franchise history than Tim Duncan.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think it's kind of BS the way they mention how LeBron James has become the youngest player in NBA history to score 25000 points... but then, you see the list of all the guys he's passed, and I want to know why they don't acknowledge the fact that he had a minimum three-year head start on every single person on the list, except for Kobe Bryant.

K

KingMilz

Big KAT looks like the next big thing, he's 19 has a go to move in the paint as well as a jumper and is very intelligent the dude is a Davis/Cousins hybrid, barring injury this dude will be insane.

Leonard (kawhi) has really made big strides in his game. Excellent defender and also very crafty midrange game. Just seems so comfortable and confident with his offense - doesn't give you the superstar score 1 on 5 sort of feel but is very effective within the offense and is capable of getting you a bucket 1 on 1.

Porzingis looks like he's going to be a very very good player a few years from now. Great size, athleticism and is already showing some pretty good skill. Just making the usual rookie mistakes and struggling a bit defending savvy post players.

I think it's kind of BS the way they mention how LeBron James has become the youngest player in NBA history to score 25000 points... but then, you see the list of all the guys he's passed, and I want to know why they don't acknowledge the fact that he had a minimum three-year head start on every single person on the list, except for Kobe Bryant.
That's true ... although technically the fact is still correct. On one hand he got a head start, on the other it still attests to his greatness in that he was a star in the league from such a young age.

The Okafor+Noel pairing looks promising for the 76ers. The rook already has a better post game, than most of the leagues bigs and Noel can cover some of his defensive problems. Once Okafor learns how to use his length on defense, they will be a very strong froncourt tandem.

This seems to be a very strong draft class so far.

Amazing to think that Krzyzewski considered Drummond to be the fifth-best big on Team USA.
amazing that idiot keith smart wanted thomas the v12 motor robinson over drummond. petrie went along with it. he broke his own rule of drafting a player without bringing him in for a work out and paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.