Kings and free agency - part 4

The Turkish Michael Jordan? Can he still play? Better question, can he still run?
He played 52 games last year. I feel that he can still light it up. For 10-12mins a game I would rather have Hedo than Bargnani. I would rather have Josh Smith though over the other two because I think he still has "starter" type minutes left in him if we needed him to play 30 minutes a game for a stretch. I don't think Hedo would be able to play more than 15-20 mpg. .

He played 52 games last year. I feel that he can still light it up. For 10-12mins a game I would rather have Hedo than Bargnani. I would rather have Josh Smith though over the other two because I think he still has "starter" type minutes left in him if we needed him to play 30 minutes a game for a stretch. I don't think Hedo would be able to play more than 15-20 mpg. .
I think 10 is a gamble with Hedo, the less the better.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
My instinct says the Kings need to give Jason Levien a wide berth.

Read here---> http://hoopshype.com/tag/jason-levien/type/rumor/

Draw your own conclusions.
My conclusions have been drawn on that front for half a decade. Just more trouble. Vivek can't seem to keep his nose out of it. How he didn't end up bilked of his millions and waking up naked in a crackhouse somewhere after a night out with "good friends" and a classy lady who was just such a great conversationalist and wanted to stay for a few drinks I don't know.

My hope is that this is an example of the decline of journalism and SHC took a sighting of Levien at SL chatting with a former client like Omri and then with Vivek and ran with it to create "unpaid Vivek advisor!!!"

Last edited:
My conclusion have been drawn on that front for half a decade. Just more trouble. Vivek can't seem to keep his nose out of it. How he didn't end up bilked of his millions and waking up naked in a crackhouse somewhere after a night out with "good friends" and a classy lady who was just such a great conversationalist and wanted to stay for a few drinks I don't know.

My hope is that this is an example of the decline of journalism and SHC took a sighting of Levien at SL chatting with a former client like Omri and then with Vivek and ran with it to create "unpaid Vivek advisor!!!"
Vivek strikes me as a guy who is brilliant in his field ( computers) , but who is absolutely clueless when it comes to running a franchise and prompting him to keep hiring all these so called "advisers" like Chris Mullin and now possibly Levien. wish he would just let Vlade do his job.

My conclusions have been drawn on that front for half a decade. Just more trouble. Vivek can't seem to keep his nose out of it. How he didn't end up bilked of his millions and waking up naked in a crackhouse somewhere after a night out with "good friends" and a classy lady who was just such a great conversationalist and wanted to stay for a few drinks I don't know.

The most disturbing rumor is the one about Zach Randolph:

"With Jason Levien out as Grizzlies CEO, all signs point toward the franchise and forward Zach Randolph agreeing on a long-term contract as a mere formality. Memphis fans can stop holding their collective breath."
– via Memphis Commercial Appeal

My instinct says the Kings need to give Jason Levien a wide berth.

Read here---> http://hoopshype.com/tag/jason-levien/type/rumor/

Draw your own conclusions.
"Unpaid advisor". Not even sure what this means. It's one of those quick hit tweets where it stirs up emotions in fans. No matter what they talked about, the journalist can never be wrong. For all we know, the advice could be where to find the best sushi in Vegas.

This levian thing just seems like another media slam on the Kings... I am guessing we have some jealous journalists out there! You know, Lakers and Knicks fans who are journalists...

And the author giving the love.......

"Hello my name is Dan Fappiano. I am 18 years old and currently enrolled in Tunxis Community College in Southington, CT. I am a fan of the Warriors, Bears, Mets, Coyotes, and Syracuse Orange. I would consider myself a sports freak and becoming a sports journalist has been my dream since 4th grade."

I guess the Kings should take praise where they can get it.

Last edited:
And the author of that piece?

"Hello my name is Dan Fappiano. I am 18 years old and currently enrolled in Tunxis Community College in Southington, CT. I am a fan of the Warriors, Bears, Mets, Coyotes, and Syracuse Orange. I would consider myself a sports freak and becoming a sports journalist has been my dream since 4th grade."
And? Don't discount someone's piece because they're younger than you might be. It's not like the older you are, the better writer you will be. Look at all Yahoo authors..

And? Don't discount someone's piece because they're younger than you might be. It's not like the older you are, the better writer you will be. Look at all Yahoo authors..
Point: It's a fan blog, so I wouldn't really count it as any significant King's love.

And off topic: Yes, I do think most people improve their writing skills as they age and practice. Not to say that there aren't 18 year olds who are excellent writers, but they are the exception and not the rule. And the piece wasn't that well written.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What does age have to do with it? Am we allowed to discount him because he's not a professional writer? Does that qualify as a good enough reason?

I mean, I could start my own blog; Coach Mike Gundy would say that I meet the criteria for manhood, but I don't think that anybody would or should interpret anything I posted on said blog as national Kings attention, or whatever. I mean, what are this kid's qualifications?

looks like delly from the cavs might not happen. would you sign him for 2m/yr?
Yes... do I want to semi-tallented thug as a primary back up? No,but having a 3rd guard who will be ready when called on to give 100% and disrespect the opposing stars, disregard personal safety and disrupt the opposing offense... well that is just fine with me.

And the author of that piece.......

I guess the Kings should take praise where they can get it.[/q
Beggars cannot be choosers.
Kid found a great way to make the name for himself by showcasing his superb basketball understanding and judgement of the rebuilding process and outstanding integrity by going against the established doctrine :D
Writing skills will follow.

I think Vlade fills out the roster with two more vets soon:

Stretch 4 - Hedo

3rd PG - Andre Miller

Kings line up and depth:

PF: DMC/ LRMBM/ Hedo
SF: Gay/ Caspi/ Butler
C: Kofous/ WCS
SG: McClemore/ Bellilini / Anderson
PG: Rondo / Collison/ Miller

The Kings looks stacked with this depth, 2 legit deep at every position! :cool:

Last edited:
How much money was his contract worth? How much money do we have to fill the rest of the roster with now?
The contracts of Casspi, Anderson, and Butler shouldn't count against our cap space (if I am not mistaken). Casspi's deal is the room exception and Anderson's and Butler's deals are veteran minimums.

This means we have $4,619,956 in cap space with 2 roster spots open ($4,939,922 if we waive Stockton).

I'd waive Stockton, sign Andre Miller, sign Josh Smith, and either sign a perimeter defender, Evans/Acy, or another center for insurance with the 3 roster spots.

The contracts of Casspi, Anderson, and Butler shouldn't count against our cap space (if I am not mistaken). Casspi's deal is the room exception and Anderson's and Butler's deals are veteran minimums.

This means we have $4,619,956 in cap space with 2 roster spots open ($4,939,922 if we waive Stockton).

I'd waive Stockton, sign Andre Miller, sign Josh Smith, and either sign a perimeter defender, Evans/Acy, or another center for insurance with the 3 roster spots.
They used space not the room exception for casspi