One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we ever traded for the #2 pick in some way, shape, or form, we'd draft D'Angelo Russell not Okafor..
If they DO trade Cuz...Noel and 3 and then other pieces or Saric would at least give us a chance to become a good team as we could take Russell. We would never replace the Cuz production but maybe we become a better team ala the Hawks....or...orr, just keep Cuz and nail the draft!

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we ever traded for the #2 pick in some way, shape, or form, we'd draft D'Angelo Russell not Okafor..
i personally would, but i think the Kings would go with the big man as a Cousins replacement
And here I have Russell pegged as the top tier prospect most likely to be a bust. Do we really want to be on the other side of a Mitch Richmond/Billy Owens deal?

Especially when our version of Richmond is (1) a dominant big man as opposed to a SG and (2) already an all-star and an all-NBA 2nd teamer, things the Rock wouldn't achieve for 2 and 3 more seasons respectively?

The Kings have had top 8 picks (7, 5, 7, 8 and now 6) every year since they drafted Cousins. And so far they've taken:

Thomas Robinson
Bismack Biyombo (as part of a trade for Jimmer Fredette on draft night)
Ben McLemore
Nik Stauskas

There's zero guarantee you even get a real player, let alone anyone who can eventually become half of what Cousins already is.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
So 95% of them say "No way!" and 95% of Kings fans say "No way!" Why are they the stupid ones? It just goes to show you how fans can wear serious blinders when it comes to their own players.
Because they are Lakers fans. That was easy.

The only stats that matter:

2014-15 Sacramento 29 - 53 .354 4thPacific Division- -
2013-14 Sacramento 28 - 54 .341 4thPacific Division- -
2012-13 Sacramento 28 - 54 .341 4thPacific Division- -
2011-12 Sacramento 22 - 44 .333 5thPacific Division
2010-11 Sacramento 24 - 58 .293 5thPacific Division
Yeah, except when he was on the floor (per widely circulated stats earlier this year), the Kings starting 5 were the best defensive starting 5 in the league and in the top 5 overall. Cousins isn't the problem. The problem is when Cousins isn't on the floor and our team gives up points like beads at Mardi Gras.

gunks

Hall of Famer
wow Manix Bomb! Karl in Vivek's doghouse bad!

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 6m6 minutes ago
Relationship between Kings owner Vivek Ranadive and George Karl deeply strained right now, per sources. Some tense moments last few days.
Good thing you fired Malone, eh Vivek? Really thinking 5 steps ahead on that one, eh Vivek?!?! Good thing THAT firing didn't backfire in the short term or the long term, EH VIVEK?!?!?!??!?!?

Seriously though, fire Karl, hire Thibs. It aint my money. I also like the Karl for Malone trade proposals.

If Jason Jones is correct then this is the beginning of the end for Karl, he straight up played Vivek. Just fire Karl and consider it a lesson learned, granted a very expensive lesson.

Firing Karl now looks bad nationally but Kings fans will have Vivek's back on this one.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was campaigning for Vivek to fire D'Alessandro and rehire Malone from Day 1 of that disastrous decision. It would have seemed beyond odd at the time but considering that now the Kings are paying even more money for a coach that is attempting a coup it really would have been the much more sane path to take.

D'Alessandro is now gone anyway. Mullin is now gone anyway. Vlade is in charge. Everything would have worked out much better that way.

At this point, we've literally heard EVERYTHING possible on the spectrum of this situation. Who knows what's actually true or not?

Just have to wait and hope we get the right result ending with Boogie in a Kings uni.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good thing you fired Malone, eh Vivek? Really thinking 5 steps ahead on that one, eh Vivek?!?! Good thing THAT firing didn't backfire in the short term or the long term, EH VIVEK?!?!?!??!?!?

Seriously though, fire Karl, hire Thibs. It aint my money. I also like the Karl for Malone trade proposals.
You know what? Instead of continuing to snipe at Vivek, why not support whatever it takes to keep our franchise center and get rid of the snake in the grass? Yes, Vivek's made mistakes but the day he brought Vlade into the organization may rank right up there with one of the best days in Kings history.

Status
Not open for further replies.