One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...quire-demarcus-cousins-trade-sacramento-kings

MOD NOTE: I changed the name of the thread to reflect the fact that while there are going to be stupid trade rumors other about Cousins, we d0n't need to devote a myriad of threads to discussing them. Put all them here, in one tidy thread, so the rest of the forum isn't polluted by them. In others words, I'm putting the one bad apple in its own barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread title is misleading. To say that the Lakers have "opened talk" implies that the Kings are also actively discussing trading Cousins. The article only states that the lakers have inquired about Cousins availability via trade. The article also states that the kings have repeatedly denied Cousins availability. So no, the lakers have not "opened talks over Cousins". Change the title.

I could not even imagine the fan backlash if we A. traded Boogie in the first place B. Did it to a team with so few assets. and C. Did it to the freaking Lakers. The team would probably get 20 fans/game at home games.

I don't think the Magic are putting Vucevic in this deal, but if it was

DMC and 6

for

#2, Randall, and 5 (Only of the Knicks draft someone other than Towns, Okafor, Russell, or Portzingis) (With the Lakers throwing the Magic something they want to move back one spot (Clarkson?), if the Knicks pass on Portzingis and the Magic don't want to draft him.) If Knicks draft properly or Magic won't move back without us giving up anything of value, I'm done taking.

I think we are trading DMC in the next two years and I'm not sure we'd do better than Oakafor / Rusell, Randall and Portzingis for DMC and 6 over the next two years. You'd have to think long and hard about that offer.

Last edited:
This thread title is misleading. To say that the Lakers have "opened talk" implies that the Kings are also actively discussing trading Cousins. The article only states that the lakers have inquired about Cousins availability via trade. The article also states that the kings have repeatedly denied Cousins availability. So no, the lakers have not "opened talks over Cousins". Change the title.
Just going by what it says in the article, exploratory talks are opening talks but if it's going to cause a problem the mods I'm sure will oblige.

yeah, the lakers couldn't get it done even if they weren't the lakers and even if the kings were interested in trading demarcus, whom both vlade divac and vivek ranadive have repeatedly asserted is untradable. the lakers simply don't have the assets, and for all of divac's inexperience, he's not about to trade his prized center to a division rival that remains reviled by kings fans to this day...

I don't think the Magic are putting Vucevic in this deal, but if it was

DMC and 6

for

#2, Randall, and 5 (Only of the Knicks draft someone other than Towns, Okafor, Russell, or Portzingis) (With the Lakers throwing the Magic something they want to move back one spot (Clarkson?), if the Knicks pass on Portzingis and the Magic don't want to draft him.) If Knicks draft properly or Magic won't move back without us getting an asset, I'm done taking.

I think we are trading DMC in the next two years and I'm not sure we'd do better than Oakafor / Rusell, Randall and Portzingis for DMC and 6 over the next two years. You'd have to think long and hard about that offer.
Your right LD. Cousins is as good as gone. And this team is going to regret it

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its what the Lakers have always done, steal franchise big men from stupid small market franchises and then use them to mount yet another dynastic run. The irony if it were us giving them their latest centerpiece would be so thick...well there wouldn't be an us, because I certainly would want no part of such a chickencrap little d-league organization.

However, that said, I am far far more comfortable with the idea of Vlade not being remotely tempted than I was with the Gerbil. You get a franchise big man, you shouldn't even be picking up the phone.

And enough of this loser talk of we are going to lose him anyway. Its like preparing for your divorce years before your marriage ends. Fight for the ****ing thing and maybe it doesn't end.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Just going by what it says in the article, exploratory talks are opening talks but if it's going to cause a problem the mods I'm sure will oblige.
I changed it a bit. Should hopefully be a happy medium. Edit: That didn't last long!

Last edited:
Well this has made its way to the front page of hoopshype, even with repeated denials from Vivek and Vlade. Pretty sure Cuz doesn't like seeing all of this. That one "no one is untradeable" comment by Karl has sure gone a long way.

Looking at a Lakers forum, they don't want to give up either the #2 or Randle for Cousins, let alone both.

Lol, they are so stupid. They really would rather have Okafor or Towns over Cousins (who apparently still has an attitude problem like he did in the past).

Its what the Lakers have always done, steal franchise big men from stupid small market franchises and then use them to mount yet another dynastic run. The irony if it were us giving them their latest centerpiece would be so thick...well there wouldn't be an us, because I certainly would want no part of such a chickenpoopoo little d-league organization.

However, that said, I am far far more comfortable with the idea of Vlade not being remotely tempted than I was with the Gerbil. You get a franchise big man, you shouldn't even be picking up the phone.

And enough of this loser talk of we are going to lose him anyway. Its like preparing for your divorce years before your marriage ends. Fight for the ****ing thing and maybe it doesn't end.
Unfortunately the writing is on the wall. Has been for years. It's the kings way.........

By the way, the gerbil is gone and the loose lips are still flapping. Makes me yearn for the Petrie days when there was ZERO talk out of our FO.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
The bottom line on this one is that trading Cousins means going back to the start of the rebuild. There's not much way around that. And that's one idea that our front office has seemingly never been behind. So this seems very unlikely. To entertain trading Cousins we'd have to get a "Godfather" deal, and I don't think that the #2 pick and Randall is "Godfather"-level. (Moving from 6 to 5 is barely anything and doesn't factor in.)

Ive previously spoken on this thread about how if we trade Cousins this year I am going to become a fan of the team that he goes to. I don't know how serious I am about that...but either way, I hope it isn't the Lakers.

I get the outrage over trading DMC at all and trading with the Lakers, but it's mostly a matter of when we need to pull the trigger and getting the most you can back.

They said the Magic would never send them Howard after they sent them Shaq ... and when that was the best deal for the Magic they did it. In 2012, the Suns viewed themselves every bit as much as Lakers rival as Kings fan do, and they traded Nash (was was in serious decline, but is among the most beloved Suns ever to the Lakers.) If the price is right, we'll trade with the Lakers.

Fans can get as hyperbolic and upset as they want, but I assure you that if a package of Oakafor, Randall, and Portzingis, they will look at it very hard. That trade makes sense for both teams because the Lakers clean out the store to get Cousins now, sign somebody big like Love or Aldrige now, and then sign a superstar guard when the cap goes up.

Look at one of the possible trades (according to some twitter account):

@Probballdraft
Still in talks but initially sounds like Kings get 5 pick, Vucevic, & other picks, Magic get 2nd pick & take Okafor, Lakers get Cousins & 6.

----

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They can inquire all they like. It's not going to happen.

NOTE TO OTHER MODS: You guys are gonna have to monitor this thread. I refuse to read it any further.

Scott Howard-Cooper@SHowardCooper
33 mins ago
If nothing else, opponents are forcing Kings management to spend a lot of time reassuring Cousins when SAC needs to be focusing on the draft

Scott Howard-Cooper@SHowardCooper
31 mins ago
Good strategy. Create an uneasy feeling for Cousins and his well-known need for loyalty. Opponents benefit even if there is no trade.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Look at one of the possible trades (according to some twitter account):

@Probballdraft
Still in talks but initially sounds like Kings get 5 pick, Vucevic, & other picks, Magic get 2nd pick & take Okafor, Lakers get Cousins & 6.
Read that one as: "The Kings hung up, but before they did, it sounds like the Lakers completely insulted them by offering to have them move up one spot in the draft to downgrade from Cousins to Vucevic."

Status
Not open for further replies.