"With the 6th pick, the Sacramento Kings select Satnam Singh Bhamara"

AWESOME!!! Can we call him Baby Sim?

Or atleast create our Spice Brothers- Sauce Castillo and Curry Powder- this way we'll have our duo, and one of those guys name is Curry(!) Vivek would actually like as more that way cause it'll remind him of GSW, it's like all my dreams are coming true!!!

Only thing left to do is give him the #3 jersey so he could be: Curry Powder #3...aka CP3- it's the gift that keeps on giving.

If we won't get him in the draft I'll be so pissed...

Highlights:

And a 2012 article on him from ESPN (when he was 14):

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7392937/prodigy-satnam-singh-bhamara-india-yao-ming-espn-magazine

This dude is not Sim. He looks well-conditioned and like he has some moves. The 2012 article says that he was obsessed with basketball (not pushed into it) and watched hundreds of hours of youtube to learn the game (this is all before he is 14). I have no idea what kind of interest he's going to get in the draft, but crazier things have happened, even in the first round. He's in a US prep league and getting recruited by good schools. There's definitely something there.

If Vivek can help us sign him, I'm all for it and would be very happy for the Kings to have the first crack at seeing what kind of potential is there.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'll give him this, he looks more like a basketball player than Sim does, but if you ever saw Sim play, he does have some post moves and he does have a 15 foot jumpshot. Sim's problem is his weight. I seriously doubt he'll get drafted, and it wouldn't surprise me if he got picked up by the Kings for their summer league team. First thing I noticed was that he has to look at the ball when he dribbles it. So he has a lot of work to do to get to the NBA level. But hey, who knows? A few years in the D-league, and he might get his skill level up to NBA level.

The fact that were gonna be connected to every prospect of Indian descent is a little irksome, but nothing to freak out over.

We're not taking him in the 1st. If we sign him to play in Reno as an UDFA I'm cool with that (and I was very pissed at the Sim worship when we let Quincy get away). There's nothing wrong with having a pipeline of 7' prospects coming through - how do you think guys like Ben Wallace, Brad Miller, and Hassan Whiteside got discovered? He has a great frame for an NBA big man.

The fact that were gonna be connected to every prospect of Indian descent is a little irksome, but nothing to freak out over.

We're not taking him in the 1st. If we sign him to play in Reno as an UDFA I'm cool with that (and I was very pissed at the Sim worship when we let Quincy get away). There's nothing wrong with having a pipeline of 7' prospects coming through - how do you think guys like Ben Wallace, Brad Miller, and Hassan Whiteside got discovered? He has a great frame for an NBA big man.
I'm shaking my head at the thought that we would take him in the first round, and nothing else. This is for comedic effect. I don't understand, though, why it seems necessary to make contentions about Satnam Singh Bhamara over a comedic attempt. A guess, though, would be that such a response is a part of attitude polarization on the topic of Vivek's decision-making.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Maybe if we got a late second rounder I'd be worth a look.

Your not serious are you? A late 2nd rounder? This guy isn't even going to be drafted. You just wait, and sign him to your summer league team and see how it goes. I wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on this guy.

Your not serious are you? A late 2nd rounder? This guy isn't even going to be drafted. You just wait, and sign him to your summer league team and see how it goes. I wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on this guy.
Only serious insofar as the article indicates that he will pull out of the draft if he doesn't receive much interest. Ergo, if we were serious about looking at him (which I have no opinion one way or the other) then it seems that a late second rounder would be the only way to do it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Only serious insofar as the article indicates that he will pull out of the draft if he doesn't receive much interest. Ergo, if we were serious about looking at him (which I have no opinion one way or the other) then it seems that a late second rounder would be the only way to do it.
Well if declares for the draft, and then pulls out, he'll have to do it by the deadline. If he doesn't, then he's eligible whether he likes it or not. It would benefit him to stay in the draft because if he goes undrafted, he then becomes a freeagent, and then any team can try to pick him up. If he's serious about playing in the NBA, then he needs to put what he has on the table and let the chips fall where they may. No team is going to use a 2nd round pick on a totally unproven player unless he impresses enough in team workouts where a team without much need will just draft him and stash him. I suspect that there many more talented players in line ahead of him that fit that catagory.