[Game] Game 56: Sacramento Kings v. Memphis Grizzlies, 2/25/15. 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Which of these options is the best return for Demarcus in a trade?

• Bradley Beal and ice cream

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Fab Melo and a couple of second round picks

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Archie Goodwin and a couple of first round picks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bag of potato chips (DEMARCUS NEEDS TO GO NOW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nerlens Noel and the Sixers' first round pick.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • None of these, stupid.

Votes: 45 83.3%

• Total voters

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Maybe the ever adaptable Karl decides to go smashmouth instead of pace with this roster.

One can hope.
I think we just beat teams whatever it takes. We've proved we can go smashmouth. There's no reason we can't do that again when needed, but also improve our uptempo style. It always goes smashmouth in the playoffs anyway. In the modern NBA, everybody is concerned with what the most effective style is. Well, what if you're just a good basketball team and you defy a convenient label? That's what the Kings in the golden years did. We could run, we could play D, we could play half court, we could shoot, pass... it's possible to just be good at a lot of things.

My favorite part of the game. I was standing near the kings tunnel at the end of the game. Only Rudy and Thompson were left on the floor being interviewed. Rudy walked though the tunnel and everyone was yelling Rudy's name. After Rudy went through the tunnel half of the kids by the tunnel started walking away. The kids said "lets go, only Thompson is left.... He sucks soo bad"... Our youth may be smarter than we think.

gunks

Hall of Famer
last guy who tried that got fired by boneheads
The last guy also didn't have a HOFer resume. I'm still hoping Karl can gain enough influence to breathe a little sanity into our FO.

Not that I want to, you know, get too optimistic or anything!

We all know how the saying goes.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times? I must be a Kings fan.

Anyways, awesome win.

K

KingMilz

Absolutely love what Rudy was talking about with Kayte

"Spacing, spacing, spacing. We need our spacing to get better. We worked on our spacing. More spacing vs SA"
Strange how our spacing is much better when we have 2 guys who absolutely cannot shoot in Casspi and Miller.

Strange how our spacing is much better when we have 2 guys who absolutely cannot shoot in Casspi and Miller.
Well not really. Not convinced Casspi just forgot how to shoot all of a sudden. Wouldn't surprise me to see him start taking more 3s under Karl. Already has. And Miller just by virtue of knowing how to pass and make the right pass improves our spacing and ball movement.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
My favorite part of the game. I was standing near the kings tunnel at the end of the game. Only Rudy and Thompson were left on the floor being interviewed. Rudy walked though the tunnel and everyone was yelling Rudy's name. After Rudy went through the tunnel half of the kids by the tunnel started walking away. The kids said "lets go, only Thompson is left.... He sucks soo bad"... Our youth may be smarter than we think.
Except Jason Thompson was probably our second best player tonight. He played spectacular defense against two of the hardest covers in the league and held down the fort when Boogie was out.

Alternatively:
Youth is wasted on the young.
Our world is in trouble.
With age, comes wisdom.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
last guy who tried that got fired by boneheads
Yeah, but the last guy who tried that wasn't a future HOF coach that has an entire fan base supporting him. :p

Karl is adaptable and that's what will make the difference. We'll see smashmouth, we'll see finesse, we'll see smallball, we'll see whatever it takes to get the job done.

And it's good. :)

Maybe the ever adaptable Karl decides to go smashmouth instead of pace with this roster.

One can hope.
At the end of the postgame press conference he said that their goal is to have more "pace," but they were able to get the job done tonight. Also mentioned the problem of guys tiring end of second quarters and second half's. (That's what happens when your bench is weak).

So, I don't think we will be seeing too much of this style, at least intentionally.

Seems like it's been an enjoyable game to watch, I love when the intensity is so high up there that you can see things getting heated up, I love physical plays and from judging by watching the NBA highlights of the ball game it seems like both Cousins and Z-Bo delivered it, I definitely feel bad for the chair who had to absorb a kick from a big guy like DeMarcus Cousins.

Was a bit disappointed from Casspi stats sheet, because I reckon that he could contributed more at least by passing the ball and grab rebounds but after reading the comments and taking a look at his +/- category which is +20 I can understand that he was actually more effective than I believed he was, I guess I should've stayed up and watch the game, at least I know I will be awake to watch the Kings crash the faltering Spurs.