[Game] Game 56: Sacramento Kings v. Memphis Grizzlies, 2/25/15. 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Which of these options is the best return for Demarcus in a trade?

• Bradley Beal and ice cream

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Fab Melo and a couple of second round picks

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Archie Goodwin and a couple of first round picks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bag of potato chips (DEMARCUS NEEDS TO GO NOW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nerlens Noel and the Sixers' first round pick.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • None of these, stupid.

Votes: 45 83.3%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game 55
Sacramento Kings versus Memphis Grizzlies

By Stephen Tetsu, KingsFans.com Official Beer of the Sacramento Kings

It sure pay to have a well-known daddy.

Well that was quite fun wasn't it?

After a rousing victory against an already bad team missing half its roster after a crazy trade deadline, the Kings came out and promptly laid an egg against a team is decidedly not the Boston Celtics.

For forty minutes (the Kings actually held their own for most of the first quarter), the Clippers not only took the Kings' lunch money but they made them watch as they did dirty things to their mothers. It was ugly, depressing, and not wholly different from the kind of butt whooping that was so customary during the mercilessly long Ty Corbin era.

But heck, David Stockton got to play, so we all win!

Awards Time
Tony Delk Memorial Award- Austin Rivers, who decided to play good after I trashed him in my write-up.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim Award- Hedo, who probably should have finished his career four years ago but is still hanging on anyways because he can.

Mikki Moore Award- Dahntay Jones, who blocked a shot so emphatically that he hurt himself and missed the rest of garbage time.

John Salmons Memorial Award (Formerly the Jason Hart Award)- Jason Thompson, who followed up a great game against the Celtics by seemingly forgetting to show up for his twenty minutes of action.

Mateen Of the Night- David Stockton. Even Mateen got to take off his warm-ups every once in a while.

Spencer Hawes Award for Doucheyness- Spencer Hawes, who apparently had a cat die on his head and left it there.

The View From the Other Side

This only happens in a win.

Tonight's Game

The Grizzlies Roster as Recalled from Memory
C:
The formerly fat Gasol brother/ Alliteratively name European
PF: Old guy Z-Bo/Anonymous white dude/
SF: Jeff "Don't Call Me Donte" Green/ Another white dude
SG: Girl Name Lee/ Tony Allen/ some other white guy probably
PG: Mike Conley/ Beno
Injured/Old: Vince Carter's ghost.

Match-ups
Boogie versus Gasol:
Possibly the two best centers in the league. Except one's been on a team tailor-made to his skill set and the other's been stuck with a stream of incompetent coaches.

Z-Bo, Vince Carter, and Andre Miller versus Old Age: All three of the guys are old enough to have been around when the Grizzlies were still in Vancouver. All three also may vanish in a poof of dust if hit too hard.

David Stockton versus the Bench: Will the Kings lose by enough points that David Stockton sees garbage time?

TRADE BOOGIE!

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't like the "TRADE BOOGIE" stuff. Players are human, and they're curious just like we are. It would be illogical to assume that players don't read forums or message boards to see what the fans think of them. We've seen too often rumors get spiraled out of control to the point where the effected player's performance or emotions are bothered. We saw this first-hand when Demarcus Cousins made his reference to God's plan. Online rumors or comments, as ridiculous as it may seem, can spiral out of control. In no way shape or form, not even jokingly, is it a good idea for Kings fans to promote a trade of Demarcus Cousins. #facepalm

Yeah, I don't like the "TRADE BOOGIE" stuff. Players are human, and they're curious just like we are. It would be illogical to assume that players don't read forums or message boards to see what the fans think of them. We've seen too often rumors get spiraled out of control to the point where the effected player's performance or emotions are bothered. We saw this first-hand when Demarcus Cousins made his reference to God's plan. Online rumors or comments, as ridiculous as it may seem, can spiral out of control. In no way shape or form, not even jokingly, is it a good idea for Kings fans to promote a trade of Demarcus Cousins. #facepalm
Derrick Williams is so boss. His IQ and feel for the game is silky smooth. Hopefully he continues to play SMART because HE IS SO BOSS.

Careful with the TRADE BOOGIE comments, it might be picked up by Viveks software and counted as another sign that we want him traded :p

Now i must counter

DO NOT TRADE BOOGIE
DO NOT TRADE BOOGIE
DO NOT TRADE BOOGIE
DO NOT TRADE BOOGIE

I have a feeling we win tonights game, the luck of the Karl is on our side!
maybe the problem is that his software only looks at the words trade+boogie but does not look for do+not before.

Nothing more fun than watching Boogie go vs Gasol. Best offensive C vs best defensive C. Not quite the same level, but reminds me of the great C duels that happened in the 90's.

Nothing more fun than watching Boogie go vs Gasol. Best offensive C vs best defensive C. Not quite the same level, but reminds me of the great C duels that happened in the 90's.
Marc Gasol is a great passing center who knows how to play the game the right way, but he is vastly overrated due to the lack of skilled big men in this league today. He has a silky smooth short jumpshot as well as a decent post game to go along with great defense, but nothing that makes him deserving of any "MVP" talk. He's a just a good solid Center, ala Brad Miller with the only difference being that he's not afraid of contact. He's on a great team where he fits perfectly which speaks volumes.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Watching Marc and Cuz go at it is quite the price of a ticket. Marc has more finesse and is as big, if not bigger, than Cuz so lets see if Cuz grabs a bit of finesse from his Pandora's box to counter. Maybe tonight Cuz can practice a few more 3's like after practice yesterday (according to Coach). Otherwise will look to see if there is any upgrade to good, fundamental ball and low TO's.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This will be a game under 100 but I expect a better performance at home here rather than the disaster we saw in LA....bring those cowbells out Kings fans. Conley loves playing the Kings so that ought to be fun to watch.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
This will be a game under 100 but I expect a better performance at home here rather than the disaster we saw in LA....bring those cowbells out Kings fans. Conley loves playing the Kings so that ought to be fun to watch.
I'm a fan of cowbells, if the team is good. Above .500 should be a requirement, otherwise it looks ridiculous.

No team in a race for a top 10 pick should have cowbells at their games, pretending like their homecourt means something this season.

I'm a fan of cowbells, if the team is good. Above .500 should be a requirement, otherwise it looks ridiculous.

No team in a race for a top 10 pick should have cowbells at their games, pretending like their homecourt means something this season.
BOOOO

This is the exact opposite of how Kinds fans should think. You come and root hard and ring your cowbell no matter how the team is doing (unless there is an organized or unorganized revolt against the FO -- but that is over now). BECAUSE IT'S OUR TEAM, and BECAUSE IT'S FUN.

The notion that we need to "earn" the right to root for our team however we damn well please and bring cowbells is UDDERLY RIDICULOUS.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Karl is saying that the consequences of some of the "crazy stuff going on the court has got to come someday," but he's going to have some patience for the next few games. "There are way too many turnovers....and way too many crazy shots."..LOL.:)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
They are going to have Cousins selectively shooting 3s; Karl thinks he can be a 35% 3 pt shooter eventually. They probably do more of that next year. They are going to be doing a lot more pick and roll rather than pick and pop.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
The notion that we need to "earn" the right to root for our team however we damn well please and bring cowbells is UDDERLY RIDICULOUS.
Then bring your cowbell and bang on it as much as you please while rooting for a 19-35 team. It'll be utterly ridiculous, but be my guest.

BTW, notice not you or other fans around here for the last however many years were campaigning to bring cowbells to games. It's not something you or others suddenly came up with, it was Karl who brought it up. If it was that important, it wouldn't have taken George Karl talking about it to get fans to want to do it. No one's been campaigning for them as.....it'd be ridiculous for a team playing for a top 10 pick or in the lottery year after year. Next season, clean slate, start off with the intent of making the playoffs and a winning home record, it would be a helluva lot more understandable.

Then bring your cowbell and bang on it as much as you please while rooting for a 19-35 team. It'll be utterly ridiculous, but be my guest.

BTW, notice not you or other fans around here for the last however many years were campaigning to bring cowbells to games. It's not something you or others suddenly came up with, it was Karl who brought it up. If it was that important, it wouldn't have taken George Karl talking about it to get fans to want to do it. No one's been campaigning for them as.....it'd be ridiculous for a team playing for a top 10 pick or in the lottery year after year. Next season, clean slate, start off with the intent of making the playoffs and a winning home record, it would be a helluva lot more understandable.
No.

Marc Gasol is a great passing center who knows how to play the game the right way, but he is vastly overrated due to the lack of skilled big men in this league today. He has a silky smooth short jumpshot as well as a decent post game to go along with great defense, but nothing that makes him deserving of any "MVP" talk. He's a just a good solid Center, ala Brad Miller with the only difference being that he's not afraid of contact. He's on a great team where he fits perfectly which speaks volumes.
Same could be said about Cousins. Let's not underrate Marc Gasol!

I have a bad feeling that Cuz will struggle a bit vs Memphis' front court. I think Rudy Gay and Ben will have great nights though. Hopefully we see Nik get more PT