Sacramento Kings

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nothing but questions...

Is it bad that I'm not even angry?

elyse ‏@gemelyse 3m3 minutes ago
not even angry tonight. im apathetic...thats probably worse @Pdoro @Vivek @cgkings

Is there any logic to not getting the ball to DMC inside every single time?

@aaronbruski: It’s mind-numbingly bad that the Kings don’t have a clue that DeMarcus Cousins is uncoverable.

Is it wrong that I - the one-time most optimistic fan around - would have walked out on this game in the 3rd quarter?

@Vladefan21: I have never walked out but if this is the product we're going to see, I just might

Why does this season continue to look like a movie in the vein of Major League and Eddie?

I have lived through horrible Kings teams and even worse Kings coaches. I have seen entire seasons where losses in the single digits were considered moral victories. I have seen games when Murphy's Law was in control from tip-off to final buzzer. What I have never seen is a team in such disarray.

It feels like a giant cosmic joke. Vivek Ranadive came in and saved our Kings so Pete D'Allesandro could destroy them.

K

KingMilz

Nothing but questions...

elyse ‏@gemelyse 3m3 minutes ago
not even angry tonight. im apathetic...thats probably worse @Pdoro @Vivek @cgkings

Is there any logic to not getting the ball to DMC inside every single time?

@aaronbruski: It’s mind-numbingly bad that the Kings don’t have a clue that DeMarcus Cousins is uncoverable.
Cause I'm sure the coaching staff is telling Cousins go shoot mid range jumpers we don't want you posting up and on every pick n roll, don't even think about rolling to the rim go ahead and pop out for a long 2 that every team on the planet wants you to take.

The reason is he wants to shoot mid range jumpers, is there a reason why Josh Smith doesn't always post up? It's cause he wants to shoot mid range jumpers.

You guys honestly think that Vivek Ranadive wasn't equally behind the Malone firing as PDA?

Pete seems to be getting 90% of the heat and he rightfully deserves heat as firing Malone made this team a mess. However so many posts act like he did the firing on his own and that Vivek needs to fix Pete's mistake. Vivek is not innocent is this whole mess......not even close.

No GM in the world would fire the owner's hand picked coach without the owner being strongly behind the move (if not his idea).

Bottom line is this starts at the very top. Vivek is responsible for this mess, Pete is just an instigator and part of the process.

If season ticket renewals drop off then they'll change, but the hubris is pretty thick up top. Only their pockets and the anger of the collective ownership group can penetrate.

Cause I'm sure the coaching staff is telling Cousins go shoot mid range jumpers we don't want you posting up and on every pick n roll, don't even think about rolling to the rim go ahead and pop out for a long 2 that every team on the planet wants you to take.

The reason is he wants to shoot mid range jumpers, is there a reason why Josh Smith doesn't always post up? It's cause he wants to shoot mid range jumpers.
So why didn't he shoot j's under Malone? Why didn't the team quit on d under Malone? Why didn't the team fight and argue under Malone? Why didn't we consistently look like crap under Malone?

And as bad as jsmoove is (since you keep bringing him up), apparently the same FO you now defend was hot to add him to the team. Go figure.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agree but don't be mistaken- Vivek is letting PDA destroy the team.

PDA is the GM but Vivek writes his checks. He is not innocent in this.
Agreed...and it would make sense if this was two years ago and Vivek Ranadive was the long-lost brother of Gavin, Phil and Joe. But it makes NO sense at all to destroy a franchise under the guise of making it better if you're not either a Brother Maloof or Rachel Phelps.

As I said above, I have never walked out of a Kings game early. But at this point, I might consider doing so...or even boycotting a game. Maybe that would get Vivek's attention. He seems not to understand that what we're seeing right now is NOT acceptable and fans are going to quit paying money to watch that kind of product.

It was different when we were trying desperately to keep the team. Well, we did that. Now we have to do whatever it takes to get them to realize that we're not going to pay top $$ for an inferior product, even if DMC is the best big man on the court today. I'm ready to draw my line in the sand, and that's something I truly never thought I would say.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

You're delusional. DMC loves beasting inside. He was getting no help whatsoever in the 3rd quarter and settled for jumpers because nobody else was doing anything to help create a lane.

EDIT: Congratulations. I see Jeremy got around to giving you your name change from andremiller07.

Agreed...and it would make sense if this was two years ago and Vivek Ranadive was the long-lost brother of Gavin, Phil and Joe. But it makes NO sense at all to destroy a franchise under the guise of making it better if you're not either a Brother Maloof or Rachel Phelps.

As I said above, I have never walked out of a Kings game early. But at this point, I might consider doing so...or even boycotting a game. Maybe that would get Vivek's attention. He seems not to understand that what we're seeing right now is NOT acceptable and fans are going to quit paying money to watch that kind of product.

It was different when we were trying desperately to keep the team. Well, we did that. Now we have to do whatever it takes to get them to realize that we're not going to pay top $$ for an inferior product, even if DMC is the best big man on the court today. I'm ready to draw my line in the sand, and that's something I truly never thought I would say.
Absolutely. At this point, I'm only going to one more game this year - next month against the Spurs. And that's only because my sister is a huge Spurs fan and I highly enjoy seeing them play as well.

Any other year and I would probably be attending AT LEAST 5 or 6 more games but not now. Not with this product.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You guys honestly think that Vivek Ranadive wasn't equally behind the Malone firing as PDA?

Pete seems to be getting 90% of the heat and he rightfully deserves heat as firing Malone made this team a mess. However so many posts act like he did the firing on his own and that Vivek needs to fix Pete's mistake. Vivek is not innocent is this whole mess......not even close.

No GM in the world would fire the owner's hand picked coach without the owner being strongly behind the move (if not his idea).

Bottom line is this starts at the very top. Vivek is responsible for this mess, Pete is just an instigator and part of the process.
While that's true, we cannot fire Vivek. We can hopefully however put enough pressure on the front office that Vivek has to rethink the philosophy of his approach. If not, he's going to lose a lot of money in season ticket sales decline and a significant drop in attendance. It won't take long.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
While that's true, we cannot fire Vivek. We can hopefully however put enough pressure on the front office that Vivek has to rethink the philosophy of his approach. If not, he's going to lose a lot of money in season ticket sales decline and a significant drop in attendance. It won't take long.
And, unlike the Maloofs, I don't think Vivek owns enough of the team to be ruler supreme for life.

Not the worst idea I've ever heard. I know that there's a large pro-Karl contingent around here, but Karl's only won one more playoff series than Jackson in the last fifteen years.
My main issues, besides thinking Jackson is a clown is that, like Corbin, Jackson has many of the same coaching issues that supposedly got Malone fired.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
He's talking about his name change. He used to be HereWeVivek ... just like KingMilz used to be andremiller07. Jeremy must be catching up on old requests. ;)
I know what he's talking about; I was trying to figure out how he hasn't noticed that his S/N has been changed since early this afternoon?

Nope. As long as there's no profanity and your bag doesn't block the view of people behind you, you'd be good.
Ok, but does that same rule apply if we put the bag on pda's head, drag him out of the arena and into a waiting van to take him back to Denver? Just asking for a friend.