George Karl, Mark Jackson or ??? (merged)

How often does a solution present itself so neatly gift wrapped?
The FO has so much egg on their face right now, and they can buy back some goodwill by bringing in Karl.

The alternative is that they believe the Mullin way is superior to Karl, which is a gigantic gamble with a smaller margin for success. It's crazy to assume that they could do better than Karl right now, given both their desires and options.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm starting to feel mixed emotions about our whole situation. You want to support the man who kept your team in town yet for once in a long time it started to feel like we had, to an extent, a sense of stability in this franchise. Now some of my frustration may result in looking for someone to blame, but it's hard when you've been a bottom feeder and you finally taste some legit success. We were winning games. We had a buzz around the city. Our team showed great chemistry on and off the court. Even a guy who I've been harsh on for his whole career, Jason Thompson, had finally turned the corner and became a stud on defense.

Someone cheer me up, please. :(
Only because you asked ...

Cousins looked good last night. He was clearly retaking control of HIS team and he made sure everyone knew he was gonna be all over them if they didn't play with the same passion and commitment he's playing with. That's very important.

Corbin didn't make some of Malone's patented mistakes. His rotations were tight, although it was obviously due in part to the absence of Casspi and Evans. He did a better job of managing minutes (although it was clear he wasn't going to able to keep Cousins off the floor too long).

The team is bonding together even more than before. The loss of Malone could create even a stronger bond.

Jason Thompson had a bad night against a crew without bigs. I don't think he has regressed; his matchups just sucked.

The team needs the support of the fans right now. The symbiotic relationship between them and us has to remain strong. If it does, I think they'll weather this storm.

I truly believe Corbin is here for the rest of the year. And I do not think Mullin will become the next coach for the simple reason (as I stated elsewhere) that he's got a pretty good position right now as Grand Vizier.

How's that? :)

#HereWeKarl is going off on Twitter right now. Who knows...maybe our fan base will help salvage this situation by leveraging social media. It's happened before...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Which would be disgusting
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't happen to necessarily agree with it. I'd like to see how Corbin does. I'm still of the opinion that he was one of the reasons the Kings were winning. When he tore his Achilles and was gone, Malone seemed to revert to old habits.

I've got a question to those more knowledgeable than myself. I only know of Chris Mullin as a player, I don't follow Golden State closely at all. Can I get some insight as to why everyone is so terrified to have him as HC? Everyone has to have their first HC gig at some point right?

How often does a solution present itself so neatly gift wrapped?
The FO has so much egg on their face right now, and they can buy back some goodwill by bringing in Karl.

The alternative is that they believe the Mullin way is superior to Karl, which is a gigantic gamble with a smaller margin for success. It's crazy to assume that they could do better than Karl right now, given both their desires and options.
IMO the time to do the Mullin experiment would have been this year. Fire Malone after last season and let Mully do his thing in the off season hiring staff and such. Now Mullin does not have what it takes to step in mid-season. IMO primarily because there is so much risk. So I think Mullin has missed his chance. It is probably just as well because I don't see Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin lacing them up and doing their Run TMC thing for the Kings.

George Karl on the other hand would just come in and take over and probably succeed. because that is what George Karl does.

There is also the alternative to do nothing and see what happens with Ty Corbin in charge. What to do if Ty Corbin succeeds???

So what do they do???

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Seems like Karl is throwing himself at the kings, and the kings really aren't interested.

Which really makes you question this FO's motivations.
And that likely leads to their motivations being more about control, not even the genuine interest in winning with the style they campaign for.

Karl is far and away the best option for the style they want to implement. If they don't hire him, this whole thing is a ****ing charade. Winning isn't even the goal, it's finding a patsy to abide by their own personal fantasies.

Bill simmons just tweeted
"Could be the last night you hear Mark Jackson announce an NBA game for awhile. He might be Boogie-ing back to coaching soon. (Wink wink.)"
8:38pm - 19 Dec 14

Sounds like we got a new coach