• 1-3

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • 0-4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What our record going to be over the 4 games? Bonus cookies if correctly predict each game:

Game 1 -- a ruined Minny team without Martin, Petrovic, Rubio and possibly Young

Game 2 -- revenge game vs. the 6-4 Pelicans in New Orleans. Not easy.

Game 3 -- the paper tiger Rockets. Seriously, they are 9-3, and here are their "victories": Lakers, Jazz, Celtics, 76ers, Heat, Spurs, Wolves, 76ers Thunder. And they just got done losing to the Lakers (albeit sans Howard)

Game 4 -- revenge game the other way as we walk into San Antonio to close our trip. Gulp.

i hope demarcus absolutely dominates howard and ben annoys the hell out of harden and we make another statement out of the rockets on their home floor

1- W...if we do not win, it's all on coaching. Don't take the Wolves lightly... who cares if they suck this year. We went into OKC underestimating them, and came out with a huge L.

2- W I think this is the game where coach makes all the adjustments. No Landry on Anderson, take out Nik the SECOND you see the team attacking him 1v1. Don't leave AD open no matter what.

3-W/L I think the Kings will lose one of their games in Texas. The Rockets love shooting 3s, which scare me a lot. I think we can pull out a W

4-W/L as I said above.. Spurs want vengeance. I don't see Parker struggling in this game at home. If we can get our offense going, it'll result in a W.

Overall, predicting 3-1! I actually predicted that the Kings would go 5-5 for their first 10 games. They've done a lot better than I thought!

gunks

Hall of Famer
I took the safe bet and went 2-2.

We HAVE to beat Minny. If we dont, that's just embarrassing.

I think we win 1 out of the following 3 games, but I cant say which. Spurs are the most likely L. We SHOULD be able to beat the Rockets, Cousins loves going at Howard. Hopefully floppy Harden doesnt get everyone in foul trouble with his flailing about. I expect another competitive game against the Pels. With better rotations we should have beat them at home, hopefully Malone learned something.

If we dont go .500 on the trip, I think 1-3 is more likely than 3-1 (or, dare I type it, 4-0)....But, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Sure 3-1 is possible, but 2-2 more realistic, especially with tough Texas two-step here. Any other scenario much less plausible it seems. Going .500 on the road or bit better usually gets you into playoffs in WC and if not Kings can still shoot for at least 40 wins at the end. Go Kings!!

3-1 is very doable.
Very doable indeed.

Only San Antonio should give us some problem.

Game 1 vs Minnesota (WIN)
Minnesota is a team lacking any player playing at an all-star level player. This should be a blow-out sure WIN. If we lose, Malone better find another job other than coaching.

Game 2 vs New Orleans (WIN)
New Orleans got away with a win with the Refs and coach Malone helping them. After seeing Malone significantly improving on his substitution patterns the last game we played, this should also be a WIN.

Game 3 vs Rockets (WIN)
Like Brick said, "the paper tiger Rockets". Their record does not really necessarily reflect how good they are.

I want Rudy Gay playing SG against James Harden. James Harden and Rudy Gay cancels each other out on match-up. And with Gay on Harden, we can have Casspi and (hopefully DWill) to contain Arriza.

Cousins have a slight edge over the over-rated Dwight Howard.

Who is their answer to Collison?

Game 4 vs San Antonio (LOSS)
If this team happens to be NOT the defending champion, I would say this is a sure win too.

I agree with Brick - Gulp. The Kings should prepare for a nasty revenge.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have them going 1-3 with their lone win in Minnesota. Pelicans are just a bad match up for us, Houston scores too much and the Spurs are very tough at home.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
3-1 is obviously the goal.

2-2 however, if someone offered us that record going into this trip, I'd take it.

1-3 is a step back. Can't come back 1-3.

If we go 3-1, I'd wager we win the first 3. SA has loss written all over it. If we go 2-2, I'd guess the wins are Minn and Hou. Think we'd lose a close one at NO and come back the next night and surprise Hou.

Sure 3-1 is possible, but 2-2 more realistic, especially with tough Texas two-step here. Any other scenario much less plausible it seems. Going .500 on the road or bit better usually gets you into playoffs in WC and if not Kings can still shoot for at least 40 wins at the end. Go Kings!!
agreed! 2-2 is what im predicting, but 3-1 is possible

MUST win tomorrow, though. then ... who knows

I voted 2-2, Minn is a must win, NO will be tough but a revenge game is possible, I think the win comes here. Houston is winnable and is the game where a surprise 3-1 would happen. SA is just a tough place to end the trip, loss there.

1- W...if we do not win, it's all on coaching. Don't take the Wolves lightly... who cares if they suck this year. We went into OKC underestimating them, and came out with a huge L.
I honestly don't get this. Why do people want to blame the "coaching" for a loss we haven't suffered, and don't know why we will suffer. Maybe we lose because Boogie gets ejected. Or Rudy is a late scratch because of his Achilles. Or we come out focused and play well and miss shots. Or maybe Malone does a great job getting the team ready, but our immaturity makes us tune him out and play flat. Or the classic NBA "back against the wall, limited roster" thing happens and the Wolves come out and play exceptionally well for one game because they have no one. Seriously, how many times do NBA teams with an 8 man roster because of a big trade come out and win that game? Pretty often.

My point is that there are lots of reasons we might lose to Minnesota, and only one possible reason is because Malone didn't get the team ready. I don't get comments like "if we don't win it is on coaching." How can you possibly know that? You act like we are the Harlem Globetrotters taking on the Washington Generals and only a miracle can make us lose. This is the NBA. We are playing a team of professionals. We are still learning how to win. Things happen. Maybe we do lose because of coaching, but to say the only reason we can possibly lose is coaching makes you sound like you have an agenda against Malone.

No gamblers here? Going for box cars brick all 4.....4-0

And honestly I think it can be done, We've all ready beat SA, Houston is a paper tiger, Minny should be easy. I'm most worried about the Pelicans especially if Asik is back, but I'll toss the dice and say we get some revenge.

No gamblers here? Going for box cars brick all 4.....4-0

And honestly I think it can be done, We've all ready beat SA, Houston is a paper tiger, Minny should be easy. I'm most worried about the Pelicans especially if Asik is back, but I'll toss the dice and say we get some revenge.
So you're back to "They are not going to lose again until Summer league!" attitude, right? :p

3-1 is obviously the goal.

2-2 however, if someone offered us that record going into this trip, I'd take it.

1-3 is a step back. Can't come back 1-3.

If we go 3-1, I'd wager we win the first 3. SA has loss written all over it. If we go 2-2, I'd guess the wins are Minn and Hou. Think we'd lose a close one at NO and come back the next night and surprise Hou.
Knowing this team and it's history, they'll do something none of us have predicted lol

T-Wolves are hosting Spurs today, and are competing in the first half. To lose tomorrow would be a huge let down.
Isn't it odd The wolves have back to back home games? I thought in general the NBA saved the back to backs for road trips. I can't remember the Kings ever having back to back home games except maybe the year the season started late due to the lock out.

I honestly don't get this. Why do people want to blame the "coaching" for a loss we haven't suffered, and don't know why we will suffer. Maybe we lose because Boogie gets ejected. Or Rudy is a late scratch because of his Achilles. Or we come out focused and play well and miss shots. Or maybe Malone does a great job getting the team ready, but our immaturity makes us tune him out and play flat. Or the classic NBA "back against the wall, limited roster" thing happens and the Wolves come out and play exceptionally well for one game because they have no one. Seriously, how many times do NBA teams with an 8 man roster because of a big trade come out and win that game? Pretty often.

My point is that there are lots of reasons we might lose to Minnesota, and only one possible reason is because Malone didn't get the team ready. I don't get comments like "if we don't win it is on coaching." How can you possibly know that? You act like we are the Harlem Globetrotters taking on the Washington Generals and only a miracle can make us lose. This is the NBA. We are playing a team of professionals. We are still learning how to win. Things happen. Maybe we do lose because of coaching, but to say the only reason we can possibly lose is coaching makes you sound like you have an agenda against Malone.
Then what's the point of predictions? All of this is pointless anyways, because no one is right 100% of the time. I'm just saying we shouldn't take the Wolves lightly. It seems like we underestimated OKC and expected an easy win.. the coaches failed to prepare the players for OKC... OKC has a current record of 3-10... and we lost to them.

Again, this is a predictions thread... have a little fun lol

I have a weird hunch that we only get one win on this trip, and it's against the Rockets!

I have a bad feeling that we will fall to the wolves, being too sure of our new self (as a playoff prospect team)...

Pelicans aready know us, and they're a tough match up, especially on the road.

Spurs are extremely hard to beat twice in a row (but if we manage a 2nd win - I say that's the one!)

Rockets, however, seem much too full of themselves, IMHO. They look down on us, I think, and will be a very easy and satisfying bubble to sting and pop.

So, I think we have the best chances in the most unlikely couple of games (3&4). I predict we lose the first 2, then bounce back nicely in Htown to take one or both Texas games.

K

KingMilz

2-2 is acceptable but if Mclemore is making his shots 3-1 is possible, we have to play the Minny game like it's a must win game, these guys we have to come out and bury these teams we can afford a "we have already won attitude" we are not good enough to do that. Show the Twolves the same respect we showed the Bulls/Spurs.

I'd take 2-2 now but I don't like us to beat the pels rockets or the spurs honestly.

and Minny is one of those classic games you expect to win but somehow lose.

1-3 for me.

This.
In addition, losing a game vs. Minnesota would more clearly be a lack of focus on the players, not the coach.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
i hope demarcus absolutely dominates howard and ben annoys the hell out of harden and we make another statement out of the rockets on their home floor
Demarcus Cousins has consistently taken Dwight Howards lunch every time they have played, even when he was in Orlando, but Pekovic on the other hand has gotten the best of Cousins.

The Pels game is a winnable game, we were owning them until Landry happened and a total Third Quarter collapse with strange substitutions.