The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His footwork and movement on the court remind me of Ginobili. Solid lateral quickness and shiftyness. I'm prolly in the minority here, but I do think we got ourselves a nice player here. Not saying he will be Ginobili level, but he has the skillset to be a dangerous player.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

I prefer Micic too but saying he's wack is just stupid. I've done my research, I watch European basketball too. You being Serbian doesn't change your credibility, which is shown to be emotional and clouded, and that's putting it extremely nicely.
Whatever you say man. Wait and see. That's all I ask. Micic is a genius with the ball and will be a valuable asset (especially to a team like the Kings who can't handle the ball and distribute). Bogdanovic is going to be a legendary European player and he'll probably end up staying Europe when all is said and done. He's not an NBA caliber player mostly due to his size. If he was 3 inches taller, he'd be a top prospect like Stojakovic.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Kyle Anderson.Genius move Pop!
Kid is going to fit perfectly in this system that Pop runs. A big point-forward type like Diaw. Wow can't believe he dropped that far.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
His footwork and movement on the court remind me of Ginobili. Solid lateral quickness and shiftyness. I'm prolly in the minority here, but I do think we got ourselves a nice player here. Not saying he will be Ginobili level, but he has the skillset to be a dangerous player.
I want him to thrive, I truly do. It's just hard for me to get really excited about another SG. I will be incredibly happy if I am proven wrong.

It will be really interesting to see how Pop is able to utilize Anderson's unique build/athleticism/skillset.
I'm not a big fan of Anderson, but considering how much he was able to get out of Diaw...I'm curious to see about Anderson.

Would like to see us make a play for some second round picks, get our hands on some pieces
Why? It remains to be seen if they can even get their 1st round picks right, so far it's not looking promising that they can (I'll gladly eat crow if Stauskas pans out). They'd be better off trying to acquire talent via trade.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Why? It remains to be seen if they can even get their 1st round picks right, so far it's not looking promising that they can (I'll gladly eat crow if Stauskas pans out). They'd be better off trying to acquire talent via trade.
Say what you want about his first round picks but PDA squeezed a lot of production and potential out of his 2nd rounder last year. And not to go back to that tired old well but Manu was a second rounder. You never know what you could find.

About a week ago I was saying the last thing we needed to do was draft a SG....just sign a proven vet to pair with Ben at that spot. We needed to draft either a PG or secondarily a PF but its hard to miss with one of this PGs in Smart or Payton as they can defend and defense always transfers to the NBA from college.....

I'm hoping we didn't just pass on 2 players who could help us in areas of need (Vonleh, Payton) and then watch these guys blow up. If the FO and Malone missed on this, they have to answer for it.
I was saying the exact opposite... sg was our #1 need. That position cost us 7 wins last year.... can't go into this year with McL and nothing else.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Say what you want about his first round picks but PDA squeezed a lot of production and potential out of his 2nd rounder last year. And not to go back to that tired old well but Rajon Rondo was a second rounder. You never know what you could find.
Not Rondo, he was like #20-22. Plenty of examples of second round wins, but not Rondo.

Say what you want about his first round picks but PDA squeezed a lot of production and potential out of his 2nd rounder last year. And not to go back to that tired old well but Rajon Rondo was a second rounder. You never know what you could find.
I'm still not totally convinced that Ray Mc really showed lots of production/potential. He got a chance to play because we had no one other than IT to play point. Is he better than the majority of second rounders who don't even see a single minute? Probably. But at this point it's still too early to say whether or not he will ever be an impact player.

Not to nitpick, but he went 21st overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.