Well, see you in a different uniform next season IT

To add to that:

Jake Fischer ‏@JakeLFischer 42m
One source even mentioned Sacramento offering a feeler trade to Phoenix last weekend of No. 8 and Isaiah Thomas for Eric Bledsoe.
Not sure how reliable he is, but it'd have to take place after the draft as a sign and trade, with Phoenix letting us know who they'd want at 8. Can't see it happening, though Cousins does love Bledsloe. Wouldn't be surprised if he did tell the FO he'd like to play with him. Obviously from our POV you do that, but I don't think it's likely at all.

Actually, can you trade a player (#8) along with the signed player (IT) in a S+T? Capt. Factorial, you're needed for service.

Last edited:
To add to that:

Not sure how reliable he is, but it'd have to take place after the draft as a sign and trade, with Phoenix letting us know who they'd want at 8. Can't see it happening, though Cousins does love Bledsloe. Wouldn't be surprised if he did tell the FO he'd like to play with him. Obviously from our POV you do that, but I don't think it's likely at all.

Actually, can you trade a player (#8) along with the signed player (IT) in a S+T? Capt. Factorial, you're needed for service.
Not sure how reliable this is, but i probably do it. I like IT, but with Bledsoe, we get a guy who will for sure be the starting PG for this team long term..not a guy that may be better suited as a combo guard off the bench. Although there are those that think Bledsoe is an more off the bench guard too, so i dunno. I do know that Bledsoe's size is something we need and his defense is vastly superior to IT's. As a facilitator, i probably give the edge to Bledsoe.

I'd light a cigar and crack open a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label if we somehow managed to get Eric Bledsoe in a Kings jersey. I'd scream like a banshee in heat when I call to renew my season tickets as well lol and yell at the salesmen to show me the money.
I hear your enthusiasm and I hope you are right in holding this view. There is always the "greener pasture" syndrome.

Bledsoe is untouchable in Phoenix eyes.

You can't sign and trade a player without the players consent, especially before July 1st. This report is total B.S.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
You can't do a sign-and-trade (IT) for a sign-and-trade (Bledsoe). So the report is 100% false. Can't happen.

This may no longer be true. I can't find anything in the current CBA FAQ that says that you can't sign-and-trade for a sign-and-trade. That's odd, because I recall some very severe restrictions on what could be done with sign-and-trades, but maybe they were lifted with the 2011 CBA.

However, even if we were allowed to do a S&T of IT for a S&T of Bledsoe, there could be the further complication of the Base Year Compensation rule. If Rudy opts in, then IT's S&T contract would put us over the cap. Because he will be getting more than a 20% raise in a S&T scenario, his outgoing salary for our purposes would be only 50% of his actual salary. So if we signed IT for $8M, he would only count for $4M in our outgoing salary but $8M for Phoenix's incoming salary. (The same would not necessarily apply to Bledsoe because the Suns will be under the cap after they sign him if they do it early in the offseason.)

I imagine that Bledsoe will probably get $11M. For us to receive $11M, we will have to send out about $7.3M. But since IT at "$4M" and the #8 pick at $2.3M would only come up $1M short, we could include Outlaw (or Acy...he would be close depending on the exact salaries involved) and make the trade work.

So maybe that could actually happen.

Last edited:
To add to that:

Would do this in a heart beat but I don't think this is even possible? Certainly not before the free agnecy starts

You can't do a sign-and-trade (IT) for a sign-and-trade (Bledsoe). So the report is 100% false. Can't happen.

This may no longer be true. I can't find anything in the current CBA FAQ that says that you can't sign-and-trade for a sign-and-trade. That's odd, because I recall some very severe restrictions on what could be done with sign-and-trades, but maybe they were lifted with the 2011 CBA.

However, even if we were allowed to do a S&T of IT for a S&T of Bledsoe, there could be the further complication of the Base Year Compensation rule. If Rudy opts in, then IT's S&T contract would put us over the cap. Because he will be getting more than a 20% raise in a S&T scenario, his outgoing salary for our purposes would be only 50% of his actual salary. So if we signed IT for $8M, he would only count for $4M in our outgoing salary but $8M for Phoenix's incoming salary. (The same would not necessarily apply to Bledsoe because the Suns will be under the cap after they sign him if they do it early in the offseason.)

I imagine that Bledsoe will probably get $11M. For us to receive $11M, we will have to send out about $7.3M. But since IT at "$4M" and the #8 pick at $2.3M would only come up $1M short, we could include Outlaw (or Acy...he would be close depending on the exact salaries involved) and make the trade work.

So maybe that could actually happen.
Yeah I searched the CBA FAQ a bit yesterday and couldn't find anything as well. I'd imagine if there are new loopholes/changes in the new CBA, PDA knows them, as this was supposed to be his specialty. Hopefully he can capitalize!

I hear your enthusiasm and I hope you are right in holding this view. There is always the "greener pasture" syndrome.
I've loved Eric Bledsoe since his college days with Boogie. He was overshadowed by John Wall but is every bit as good as him. Can't believe Phoenix got him for peanuts. I wish we had traded for him last year.

Anyone else read the subject of this thread and get excited, only to start reading and realize he's not gone yet?

It's good to see the exact same argument is still going on. With mostly the same people.

The title of this thread from the first put me off as being mean spirited and it still does. It has the air of being happy that he's gone. I know that's how many of you look upon him. I don't. And I'm not talking about basketball.