[Game] Kings v. Nets 11/13/13

Ok I just can't get over this. What on earth has John Salmons shown that suggests he deserves minutes? Not just this season but for the last two as well! He may be some sort of team leader, but if he is he's the leader of 25 win teams and a leader of a 1-5 team.
I'm guessing its a combination of ball handling needs and Luc's health.

Plus compromising pictures of Malone and Slamson.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Ok I just can't get over this. What on earth has John Salmons shown that suggests he deserves minutes? Not just this season but for the last two as well! He may be some sort of team leader, but if he is he's the leader of 25 win teams and a leader of a 1-5 team.
Need another ballhandler with MLM now in the lineup. MLM isn't ready for that responsibility. And none of our SF's can handle worth a damn, unless it's Outlaw taking two dribbles and firing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going to give Malone the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't want to change 3 starters at once so he put in Ben for shooting and JT to get a board or two.

I knew they'd start salmons. I just had a feeling.

I'm fairly livid at this news but not surprised. When Malone said something about not a complete overhaul, that cried out to me that salmons would be staying.

Garnett and Evans both. My largest concern in this game. Two of the dirtiest/smack talkingest guys in the game. Its so critical Cuz does not allow his calm to be damaged by them.
I figure it's largely common knowledge around here, but Reggie and Tyreke are cousins. Reggie is one of the dirtiest players in the league (something I miss from 80's-90's ball), but I figure he may have held off on going after Cousins in the past because his family was on the team.

I don't expect to see that anymore.

Need another ballhandler with MLM now in the lineup. MLM isn't ready for that responsibility. And none of our SF's can handle worth a damn, unless it's Outlaw taking two dribbles and firing.
Wait a minute rainmaker, I've seen Cousins dribble that ball all the way up the court several times without regard. Can't he count as the second? It may not be pretty, but neither is Salmons little beard thingy off-balancing his whole game. :D

Can someone explain what is wrong with MAM? He really can't beat out outlaw and salmons? Dude started in a playoff team last year and played 34 mpg in the playoffs. And he has only played in 2 games for us. Is he hurt? I feel like I'm missing something.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I figure it's largely common knowledge around here, but Reggie and Tyreke are cousins. Reggie is one of the dirtiest players in the league (something I miss from 80's-90's ball), but I figure he may have held off on going after Cousins in the past because his family was on the team.

I don't expect to see that anymore.
Wrong Reggie Evans.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Can someone explain what is wrong with MAM? He really can't beat out outlaw and salmons? Dude started in a playoff team last year and played 34 mpg in the playoffs. And he has only played in 2 games for us. Is he hurt? I feel like I'm missing something.
He missed the entire preseason with leg problems. May need more time to get reconditioned

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I have asked the same question. Apparently he hurt his knee in preseason but I have never seen any details on it. (Unless we are tanking and this is just an excuse to keep a starter off the court for this year :confused:)

I'd have to assume at this point, that they don't want to take any chances of a setback with heavy minutes. If the above report about Salmons staying in the starting lineup is correct, it appears the only chance of changing that would be when Moute is closer to 100%

I have asked the same question. Apparently he hurt his knee in preseason but I have never seen any details on it. (Unless we are tanking and this is just an excuse to keep a starter off the court for this year :confused:)
It does seem somewhat.."convenient" I believe is the term someone here used, that both the veterans that we brought in, who were both in the playoffs last season, have had these 'mysterious' injury issues

according to Aaron Bruski, the new starting lineup is
GV
Ben
Salmons
JT
DMC

honestly something i never even considered. i though Salmons was out for sure and i wasnt sure if PPat was out. all i care about is Ben starting, i want to see this guy flourish!
About what I thought as well. I know we're all sick and tired of Salmons, but he's literally one of the only guys who can "play" SF on the team. It's not like we're stifiling some young rook by playing Salmons... we're stifiling Travis Outlaw.

Once Mbah is healthy, I fully expect him to start.

He played hurt a lot of last season and he still has lingergin issues this year. I fully expect him to take over SF once he's ready to go

Wrong Reggie Evans.
Tyreke has an older brother called "Reggie", but I remember hearing the Clippers announcers talking about Reggie and Tyreke being cousins. I can't find any source for it now, of course. If I'm wrong, that'll teach me to listen to announcers as authoritative sources.

He played hurt a lot of last season and he still has lingergin issues this year. I fully expect him to take over SF once he's ready to go
Is that the plan or is that what we are all hoping? I just haven't heard that that is the plan from Malone. But there hasn't been much information at all about him. It's just strange.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Its been obvious for a while that a few years back at an annual retreat, all of the league's coaches and GMs and assistant coaches capped off a week of depravity with a drunken orgy involving sheep. And llamas. And possibly an emu. John, criminal justice major that he was, had a PI capture the festivities on film.

John Salmons will start until he's 40. No matter how pathetic he gets, John Salmons, the human energy sink, the stinky fish, will NEVER leave the lineup of the Sacramento Kings. That's just the way it is. Get used to it. Celebrate it. Revel in his putrescence!

If JT starts, I'd rather have him as the secondary ballhandler than any combination that includes Salmons.
JT is very capable of dribbling the ball past half court, just don't ask him to do do any dribbling inside the arc with defenders around.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Its been obvious for a while that a few years back at an annual retreat, all of the league's coaches and GMs and assistant coaches capped off a week of depravity with a drunken orgy involving sheep. And llamas. And possibly an emu. John, criminal justice major that he was, had a PI capture the festivities on film.

John Salmons will start until he's 40. No matter how pathetic he gets, John Salmons, the human energy sink, the stinky fish, will NEVER leave the lineup of the Sacramento Kings. That's just the way it is. Get used to it. Celebrate it. Revel in his putrescence!
The emu is an urban legend. I am very sure a wombat was involved and the sex was not known. I'll Google the subject.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Salmons has logged a lot of minutes under several coaches. Last year he organized a player's only meeting and this year he was a part leader of another player's only meeting. There is something beating behind that beard and I think it may be the heart of a leader.

Checking in,

Salmons should not receive a single minute of playing time, but I won't be surprised if he still starts. I would rather have Thornton or Jimmer take his place.

Last edited:

was he actually a criminal justice major?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Salmons has logged a lot of minutes under several coaches. Last year he organized a player's only meeting and this year he was a part leader of another player's only meeting. There is something beating behind that beard and I think it may be the heart of a leader.
If John Salmons has a heart growing behind his beard, it would explain why he doesn't smile.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
If JT starts, I'd rather have him as the secondary ballhandler than any combination that includes Salmons.
JT is very capable of dribbling the ball past half court, just don't ask him to do do any dribbling inside the arc with defenders around.
Wait, what?

JT as in Jason Thompson? JT as a secondary ballhandler, setting up the offense? Our PF, who doesn't even have half the handle our center has is supposed to be our secondary ballhandler?

Familiar secondary ballhandlers to Kings fans would be Christie to Bibby, or Beno to Reke, not our PF. Has to come from the 2 or the 3.

Last edited:
Why not just use the Chuckstero_O