Shot Blockers. We need one.

Well now that AK47 is off the market, any hope we can convince Dally to comeback... heck with Landry back in the mix we might convince him we are getting the band back together... "On a mission from God"

I cant help but notice that minny has not locked up pekovic. I understand pekovic is not a huge shot blocking threat but overall plays good defense in the paint and is a good rebounder. Maybe a three team s&t type deal can get done to bring in pek.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I cant help but notice that minny has not locked up pekovic. I understand pekovic is not a huge shot blocking threat but overall plays good defense in the paint and is a good rebounder. Maybe a three team s&t type deal can get done to bring in pek.
Not what's needed at all, and looking for a max contract basically. Can't do that.

Minny has the same problem we do -- their starters can't protect the paint. Now without even AK to disguise it and with Kevin in at SG, they don't have much hope on that end.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It doesn't look like Pekovic is "on the market" so to speak. It's just that Minny is trying to lowball him because he's an RFA, with the full intention of matching any offer. I imagine that he's not getting any bites because everybody who has any cap space left knows Minny will match. If this goes on too long, I'll start wondering if Pekovic will take the QO and become a UFA next year, but I don't see ANY way that Pekovic is not a T'Wolf next year.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It doesn't look like Pekovic is "on the market" so to speak. It's just that Minny is trying to lowball him because he's an RFA, with the full intention of matching any offer. I imagine that he's not getting any bites because everybody who has any cap space left knows Minny will match. If this goes on too long, I'll start wondering if Pekovic will take the QO and become a UFA next year, but I don't see ANY way that Pekovic is not a T'Wolf next year.
Not sure if I would characterize offering $12.5mil a year to Pek lowballing. Seems about right. Strong as an ox post player, but limited, and can't defend the middle. Throw in his tendency to get in injured and that's not a max guy. Al Jefferson signed for about $13.5ml per, so $12.5 for Pek seems fair.

Last edited:
Not sure if I would characterize offering $12.5mil a year to Pek lowballing. Seems about right. Strong as an ox post player, but limited, and can't defend the middle. Throw in his tendency to get in injured and that's not a max guy. Al Jefferson signed for about $13.5ml per, so $12.5 for Pek seems fair.
He wants $15 mil/yr, which is astronomical for a guy like Pek. I love how he brutalizes people inside, but for $15 mil?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I didn't see the $12.5M offer. At any rate (lowball or no) Minny hasn't made an offer that Pekovic wants to take. But I don't see him playing for anybody else this year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I was stunned when I heard he was asking for 15 or 16 mil a year. Unbelievable! No way in hell would I give him that amount of money, and I doubt anyone else will either. Hell, I'm not sure I'd offer him 12 mil a year..

What's with sails salary. On espn trade machine he is at 8.4 but hoopshype has him at 5.5 and does an amnistied player salary count when you do trades??
If I doesn't and asik is sitting at 8.4 mill we can package thorntan, Thompson, and Patterson for Asik which would give us a near perfect fit with cousins and a great front court rotation in cousins, asik, landry, hayes

What's with sails salary. On espn trade machine he is at 8.4 but hoopshype has him at 5.5 and does an amnistied player salary count when you do trades??
If I doesn't and asik is sitting at 8.4 mill we can package thorntan, Thompson, and Patterson for Asik which would give us a near perfect fit with cousins and a great front court rotation in cousins, asik, landry, hayes
Asik's salary situation explained.

K

KingMilz

Johan Petro just signed in China we probably could have got him cheap, while he is terrible he is athletic and can block shots

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Johan Petro just signed in China we probably could have got him cheap, while he is terrible he is athletic and can block shots
There's a reason he's playing in China! If were going to get a shotblocker, then get the real thing, and not some wannabe that's going to sit at the end of the bench.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'd sign him and stash him in Reno for awhile.
In order to sign him they'd have to waive someone. They have 15 players under contract now. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Melo's. He's like Thabeet part two. Very low BBIQ, and played in a zone his entire time at Syracuse, so he gets lost in man coverage. Not saying it would be impossible for him to improve, but it would take some time.

Now that the Big Horns are a Kings only affiliate team, can we have them sign players with the understanding that we want the player to be developed to be brought up later? When he's/we're ready, we call 'Reef, let him know it's time, and sign him to an NBA contract.

This isn't meant to be about Melo, just a general question about how the d league thing works.

Now that the Big Horns are a Kings only affiliate team, can we have them sign players with the understanding that we want the player to be developed to be brought up later? When he's/we're ready, we call 'Reef, let him know it's time, and sign him to an NBA contract.

This isn't meant to be about Melo, just a general question about how the d league thing works.
If he doesn't have a contract with a NBA team, any team can call him up. I think you are allowed 20 players max to be under contract prior to the start of the season, but by the start of the season you can only have 15. The Kings have 15 right now.